The Journey of Mamma and Tinker Belle/Minnie

TAH

Herd Master
Reaction score
1 goat, Leader is a purebred Oberhasli Buck.
2 goat, Tasty is a purebred Mini Nubian wether.
3 goat, Naomi is a Nubian Lamancha Nigerian Dwarf mix doe.
4 goat, Sophie is a purebred Swiss Alpine doe.
5 goat, Stella is a purebred Alpine doe.
6 goat, Cinnamon is a puebreds Alpine doe.
7 goat, Sugar is a purebred Alpine doling.

Devonviolet

Herd Master
Reaction score
:frow Hi Starlight! Welcome to Backyard Herds! :welcome

How exciting to have another Texan join our ranks! @Baymule and I met, here on BYH & are now the best of friends. :hugs We are about an hour drive, from each other. We talk on the phone and visit when we can. Our husbands get along famously, as well. :)

DH & I moved to our little 5 acre piece of Texas heaven a year ago last January & we love it here in East Texas.

We have 4 wethered ND goats, that we adore. We got them to help us clear the brush in the remaining 3-1/2 acres of our property. That is yet to happen though, because (try as we might) we haven't been able to put in the perimeter fence.

This summer we are planning to get a couple LaMancha does (hopefully bred). I would like to start milking them. Eventually I would like to breed them to an ND buck, so I can have MiniMancha's.

We also have 2 Maremma LGDs, who are awesome guardians, as well as 16 laying hens and a turkey hen, that lays eggs.

Hopefully @animalmom will chime in soon. She is another good friend, that I have met (face to face) since moving to East Texas, who is an awesome goat mom! :hugs

Last edited:

Starlight4Leah

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
1 goat, Leader is a purebred Oberhasli Buck.
2 goat, Tasty is a purebred Mini Nubian wether.
3 goat, Naomi is a Nubian Lamancha Nigerian Dwarf mix doe.
4 goat, Sophie is a purebred Swiss Alpine doe.
5 goat, Stella is a purebred Alpine doe.
6 goat, Cinnamon is a puebreds Alpine doe.
7 goat, Sugar is a purebred Alpine doling.
Do you have any pictures of the mini Nubian? I have been hearing about them and wondered what they looked like? Those are such cute names.

Reactions: TAH

Starlight4Leah

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
:frow Hi Starlight! Welcome to Backyard Herds! :welcome

How exciting to have another Texan join our ranks! @Baymule and I met, here on BYH & are now the best of friends. :hugs We are about an hour drive, from each other. We talk on the phone and visit when we can. Our husbands get along famously, as well. :)

DH & I moved to our little 5 acre piece of Texas heaven a year ago last January & we love it here in East Texas.

We have 4 wethered ND goats, that we adore. We got them to help us clear the brush in the remaining 3-1/2 acres of our property. That is yet to happen though, because (try as we might) we haven't been able to put in the perimeter fence.

This summer we are planning to get a couple LaMancha does (hopefully bred). I would like to start milking them. Eventually I would like to breed them to an ND buck, so I can have MiniMancha's.

We also have 2 Maremma LGDs, who are awesome guardians, as well as 16 laying hens and a turkey hen, that lays eggs.

Hopefully @animalmom will chime in soon. She is another good friend, that I have met (face to face) since moving to East Texas, who is an awesome goat mom! :hugs
It's so interesting to hear about everyone being so close. My sisters goat is a Nigerian dwarf whether bottle baby so he is absolutely stuck up her butt. He is a cutie though. That would be so neat to see mini manchas!

TAH

Herd Master
Reaction score
Do you have any pictures of the mini Nubian? I have been hearing about them and wondered what they looked like? Those are such cute names.
Thank you. I will give you some pics later this afternoon.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score

Latest posts