The Journey of Mamma and Tinker Belle/Minnie

Starlight4Leah

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
Here she is! She is the white one, the little brown/tan one is our rescue goat that was rejected by his mom. Not sure what the white one is mixed with as her ears are COMPLETLEY different from each other. One ear looks like a Nubian ear and the other ear is a Pygmy ear. Not sure if they will stay like that or if there going to stand up, we will just have to wait and see. Sven is the little brown one, he is a mini Nubian. Mamma only had one, but she was a HUGE one. She is twice the size of not three times the size of Sven and he is 5 days old and she is two days old. The pictures aren't the best, but we will get better ones of their size. Also, k have videos but they won't upload here so once I post them on YouTube I will post the links here.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    78.5 KB · Views: 117
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    112 KB · Views: 124
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    101.9 KB · Views: 127
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    77.2 KB · Views: 126
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    101.9 KB · Views: 126
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    177.2 KB · Views: 125
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    89.1 KB · Views: 122
Last edited:

Latestarter

Novice; "Practicing" Animal Husbandry
Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
Wow, you weren't joking, that doeling is huge! Beautiful! Grats again.

TAH

Herd Master
Reaction score
I am sorry I didn't get this in my alerts. Well anyway congrats and boy is that baby girl big. Absolutely love the brownish baby:love:love:celebrate:weee:thumbsup

misfitmorgan

Herd Master
Reaction score
i missed this one too.

The doe looks like she has alpine/airplane ears like her mamma...they will stand up as she gets older. Nubian ears are usually quite a bit bigger and wide all the way to the bottom. The exception is generally mini nubians...least on mine lol. His ears are like a ND crossed with a boer or something but he was a F1 cross and his lack of nubian style ears is probly why he ended up in the meat pen. Far as i can tell first gen crosses can be anything from either parent.

Starlight4Leah

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
i missed this one too.

The doe looks like she has alpine/airplane ears like her mamma...they will stand up as she gets older. Nubian ears are usually quite a bit bigger and wide all the way to the bottom. The exception is generally mini nubians...least on mine lol. His ears are like a ND crossed with a boer or something but he was a F1 cross and his lack of nubian style ears is probly why he ended up in the meat pen. Far as i can tell first gen crosses can be anything from either parent.

Sorry I haven't been on here in forever,mine just had a lot to do! The doelings ears are quite quite as one stayed as a Pygmy ear and the other is a Nubian ear. We have done so much since I was last on here, we have added a Charolais bull bottle calf to the family, and a quarter horse standardbred gelding cross to the family as well. We have got the barn completely cleared out, and set up for the goats and they hate it , they prefer to sleep in the stock trailer at night. Baby ( the white doeling) is named la Paloma, she was named by our Mexican neighbor that we are giving her too. She will actually be leaving here next week or a week later. Sven, the brownish mini Nubian, has stayed as small as he was in that picture, they both got there horns done a week apart, and had their heads shaved. La Paloma's hair has already grown back ( she was done a week later), but seems hair has t grown back even a little bit . I'm going to be breeding mamma again when it's time, so,we can keep her next kid! Hopefully I will be able to keep up more, since schools out,,and the work around here has slowed down.

Latest posts