Tasty Acres Homestead (From 2020 jump to 2023)

TAH

Herd Master
Reaction score
Hope Boaz is ok and you guys can get building on your new house soon.
We are good!

Boaz is a brat but finally okay... started running on trails lately to help with balance... also training for skijoring.

I am going to get pics in a bit of the property for you all!

Thanks for asking!

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
I don't think you have to worry about trying it Fred, sounds like it involves enough snow for the dog to pull her while she is on skis.

TAH

Herd Master
Reaction score
images

CntryBoy777

Herd Master
Reaction score
Reminds me of my younger days when we would catch a ride on a skateboard holding onto the bumper, fender, or rearview mirror of a vehicle....:)

Reactions: TAH

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
I'm glad you lived to tell the tale Fred. When I was about 14 a kid in the neighborhood did that. Held onto the driver side mirror of his Dad's truck. Lost his grip and his father ran over him with the left rear tire. You can guess how this ended.

TAH

Herd Master
Reaction score
Tasty Acres Homestead!

Been awhile!

Almost ready to start building....:weee

2-weeks ago dad rented a huge excavator and got pulled all the stumps, moved logs, and stacked branches for a burn.
:celebrate
This weekend a friend offered to drop a couple tons of gravel and is also going to level an area for the house/driveway. Dad had gotten all the branches moved and logs-bucked-up with a lot of hands/helpers (he is blessed to have so many helpers).
View attachment 36102
We had a huge bomb-fire last weekend which finished off all the rest of the branches, but we are doing another one this weekend to finish off all the stumps (13-huge-stumps).
unnamed (11).jpg
unnamed (16).jpg
unnamed (10).jpg

Been on Bear watch!
16-(Y/O) boy got killed by a Black-Bear 4-days ago, 3-hikers injured because they wanted a picture up close to bear (tourists;)), older man killed by Black-Bear 2-days ago... :th:ep:th... The bear watching is on!!!!
There is a 9-foot (Boar, and is the ruler of the area) that claimed the creek just down the road from where we are moving... He hasn't seemed to be a threat "yet" so hoping it stays that way!

Mom saw a blackie yesterday!

It is really hard keeping 5-kids inside unless one of us can be out there with them!

I had a freaky accident with the tractor!

I was carrying logs in the bucket of the tractor and when I went to dump them... I reacted too fast and made it so 3 logs came flying for my face. Thanked God I was able to knock all 3 away from my face but instead, they ended up hitting me in the stomach... I am okay but am freaked out to drive anything!

It was one of those moments "where my life flashed before my eyes"!

Today we went to Anchorage and I was so scared while dad was driving... So it will be awhile till I am okay around vehicles again.

Mom is about to have baby number 8....:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate

Everybody thinks it is going to be a boy... If it is a boy we are going to name him after Dear-Papa (Roger Paul).

I am really excited to be a big sis to a baby again!

Everyone over here is on edge waiting for the baby, lol.

Boaz back to health and a brat! :D

June-19-2017 marked 3-years I have had Boaz!

Never to leave my side!
View attachment 36100
Cotton-kitty is doing good.

unnamed (4).jpg

We went hiking 2-weeks ago and fishing the other day!
unnamed (19).jpg
unnamed (28).jpg

Going out fishing on a boat this Tuesday with some of dad's friends...:celebrate:celebrate

I will hopefully get lots of photos!

We have contacted a Kiko breeder in Canada, and they are willing to ship... Also, they have a 279-pound buck they won't be selling until next year so we are considering him!
He would also be brought up with 2-doelings, 3-does, and 1-other buckling...

We are going to be to keep 1-lamancha doe and 1-saanen doe, to breed to Kikos. My dad has fallen for the no ear goat, lol... He can't imagine not having another bratty LaMancha around. :D

On the other hand, our goats we sold have more like been stolen... The lady that bought them took avenged of us not being there and has decided to not pay and won't contact me back... I may never get another pic of Naomi!:hit:hit:hit:hit
I am at a loss!

No goat will ever come close to my Naomi!

More next time!

Latest posts