Tasty Acres Homestead (From 2020 jump to 2023)

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
Wow lots going on. Sure hope the house building goes quick. 10 people in a travel trailer will be crowded (not like it isn't with 9!).

SO sorry about the lady not paying for the goats. I can't fathom people doing that but I know not everyone is honest. She WILL get hers someday and I hope it hurts. Do you not know someone back in Oregon that can put some pressure on her?

TAH

Herd Master
Reaction score
Wow lots going on. Sure hope the house building goes quick. 10 people in a travel trailer will be crowded (not like it isn't with 9!).

SO sorry about the lady not paying for the goats. I can't fathom people doing that but I know not everyone is honest. She WILL get hers someday and I hope it hurts. Do you not know someone back in Oregon that can put some pressure on her?
Everyone that was involded with the goats is not trustworthy and I think my dad has given up... He called her yesterday and hopefully, she will call back.

Yeah, it is crowded! If we can't get a house built this year, We are going to put up a lean-to and park the trailer under it... But we will have double the space that way.

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
Still on the "pole barn house" plan? That should be fairly fast to at least get a roof and walls up. Then the negotiations begin on which rooms to build first. I vote for a full size bathroom ... or TWO!

TAH

Herd Master
Reaction score
Still on the "pole barn house" plan? That should be fairly fast to at least get a roof and walls up. Then the negotiations begin on which rooms to build first. I vote for a full size bathroom ... or TWO!
Definitely 2-bathrooms, and 5-bedrooms!

We are doing a pull barn this year over the trailer... So we will have more space to move around... Next year comes to the house (a dome), Unless things can speed up it is looking like we won't have a house this year!

OneFineAcre

Herd Master
Reaction score
images

That looks fun

Reactions: TAH

TAH

Herd Master
Reaction score
We got tons of gravel dumped last week and a whole driveway put in!!!!!
:celebrate:weee:celebrate

I think it is time for some update pictures so here they are...

Now
20170626_155958_HDR.jpg

Before
IMG_20161026_140011.jpg

:)

It is now light 24/7! :th

Here is a pic from last week at 9:00 pm
20161115_133644.jpg

The sun does not go till 11:30-12:00 pm!

From the beach!:love
20170409_172556.jpg

And a wonderful trip to Kenai!
PANO_20160825_121850.jpg

We are busier than ever with everything that is going on... But a good busy!

I started teaching myself "Irish Dancing" and am so far very much enjoying it!

This coming Tuesday- July 4th is going to be nuts... 35,000 people are coming to town (our town consists of 4000)! :th:ep:th
Mom is planning to take me and my older siblings to town so nightmares are coming!

CntryBoy777

Herd Master
Reaction score
Too bad ya can't store up the sunlight for those days ya only get a couple of hours of it. When my dad was stationed in Adak, Alaska we experienced the same thing...it is pretty strange to get used to....tho, only staying in a place for 2-3yrs at a time....ya never get used to any 1 thing anyway....:)

TAH

Herd Master
Reaction score
Too bad ya can't store up the sunlight for those days ya only get a couple of hours of it. When my dad was stationed in Adak, Alaska we experienced the same thing...it is pretty strange to get used to....tho, only staying in a place for 2-3yrs at a time....ya never get used to any 1 thing anyway....:)
Yeah, I wish,lol!

It is hard because you get so much sun during the summer and then sudden darkness... No time to get used to it.

No, ya don't!

goatgurl

Herd Master
Reaction score
great pictures TAH. i'm sure hoping the house gets finished before winter so youall will have a little more room. you be sure and take lots of pictures so as time passes you'll never forget this adventure. to so many people, myself included, you are living our dream. God bless you and your family

Latest posts