Tasty Acres Homestead (From 2020 jump to 2023)

TAH

Herd Master
Reaction score
I feel really bad and like have failed on taking care of my goats! It turns out Leader has sore mouth, really over grown hooves, and, worms (which I had taken care of). Naomi has a terrible cough, way over grown hooves, and lice. Sugar has massitis, (she is a month into freshening and turns out they just took her baby away while she is in full production ). I have know Idea how tasty is along with him being takin from us! My dad gave Shelley full responsibility for our goats along with a ton of money for hay, feed, I gave her all my de-wormer, I gave her my vets contact info so she could run fecal, and for if something happened to them and here I have been lied to about my animals being healthy.... Not! I am not sure what else I could have done but I feel like I should be reasonable for them bc they are my goats! I feel really bad that they were suffering bc someone didn't want to tell me what was really going on! And I kept in touch!

Am I over reacting?

NH homesteader

Herd Master
Reaction score
:mad: heck no you aren't, I would be mad. But was this because she left and her husband had them "dumped" on him? Sorry they weren't taken great care of but no, it's not your fault:hugs

TAH

Herd Master
Reaction score
:mad: heck no you aren't, I would be mad. But was this because she left and her husband had them "dumped" on him? Sorry they weren't taken great care of but no, it's not your fault:hugs
I am not sure... It seems like it is on both of them. I just found out her ex-husband hasn't seen the goats in 2-weeks and the person they are boarded with has know idea how to take care of them properly! I just feel totally let down... I trusted her and she gave her full trust and now this...  :somad but I need to forgive! Thanks!

TAH

Herd Master
Reaction score
Here are the pics...hope they load this time!

:)

unnamed (1).jpg
unnamed (2).jpg
unnamed (3).jpg
unnamed (5).jpg
unnamed (6).jpg
unnamed (7).jpg
unnamed (8).jpg
unnamed.jpg

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
Yes, pics much better now!

Sorry about the goats. You didn't do anything wrong. You found someone you thought was willing and capable of taking care of them. It isn't like you could swing by every few weeks to make sure that was happening.

Reactions: TAH

TAH

Herd Master
Reaction score
Yes, pics much better now!

Sorry about the goats. You didn't do anything wrong. You found someone you thought was willing and capable of taking care of them. It isn't like you could swing by every few weeks to make sure that was happening.
Thanks for your kind words Bruce!

I have definitely learned a lesson thru this.

And after discussing it with Dad we have decided to take tasty to Larks (the lady that just bought the goats)... I am so happy he will be with the rest of the herd! His hooves are really bad.... To Where he tends to walk on his knees.  :hit

CntryBoy777

Herd Master
Reaction score
Those pics were really Good!
And you did very Good too. As you get older you will begin to understand that there are people with really good intentions when they start out, but something changes in "Life", and it will seem that the definitions to words seem to change, and it becomes the meaning of those words just don't mean the same as they once did with others. Some people really Want to help you, but the responsibility becomes a problem. Not everyone wants to be around animals that much and pay attention to them. Also, your animals surely didn't act for her, as they acted for you. You know how to "Read" them and it is obvious she doesn't....either willingness, interest, or desire...the end result is still the same. These things will happen throughout "Life", just learn from it enough from it, so ya will be able to "Spot" it in the future better and can Avoid that same mistake.
At your age you are much more astute about animals than I am at 59. So, there are many "Factors" to consider about others and their "Words" may not be exactly what is in your "Head" and mental "Picture" of how things will be.
Take your situation there, since I've been on here in Sept there have been many "Plan Changes" in your family's "Plans". We all have many of those "Changes" for a myriad of reasons. Facing those changes forces one to make decisions....and there is always an "Outcome"....good, bad, or indifferent...the end result or "Bottomline" is the same. It is a sad situation, but having been caught in time that it can be treated or corrected is cause for Thanks and Praise!

TAH

Herd Master
Reaction score
Those pics were really Good!
And you did very Good too. As you get older you will begin to understand that there are people with really good intentions when they start out, but something changes in "Life", and it will seem that the definitions to words seem to change, and it becomes the meaning of those words just don't mean the same as they once did with others. Some people really Want to help you, but the responsibility becomes a problem. Not everyone wants to be around animals that much and pay attention to them. Also, your animals surely didn't act for her, as they acted for you. You know how to "Read" them and it is obvious she doesn't....either willingness, interest, or desire...the end result is still the same. These things will happen throughout "Life", just learn from it enough from it, so ya will be able to "Spot" it in the future better and can Avoid that same mistake.
At your age you are much more astute about animals than I am at 59. So, there are many "Factors" to consider about others and their "Words" may not be exactly what is in your "Head" and mental "Picture" of how things will be.
Take your situation there, since I've been on here in Sept there have been many "Plan Changes" in your family's "Plans". We all have many of those "Changes" for a myriad of reasons. Facing those changes forces one to make decisions....and there is always an "Outcome"....good, bad, or indifferent...the end result or "Bottomline" is the same. It is a sad situation, but having been caught in time that it can be treated or corrected is cause for Thanks and Praise![
You have given me a different way of looking at it! Thank you!

Latest posts