Tasty Acres Homestead (From 2020 jump to 2023)

TAH

Herd Master
Reaction score
Look what we are getting! Yes, a cat! We pick her up tomorrow...
unnamed (2).jpg
unnamed.jpg

TAH

Herd Master
Reaction score
Pretty cat!.....love the colors and markings...how old?
Me too!

She is just over a year and supposed to be trained not to jump on counters! That is why I am excited!

goatgurl

Herd Master
Reaction score
what a pretty girl. she is going to be a wonderful new member to the family.

Reactions: TAH

TAH

Herd Master
Reaction score
Well, I think it is time for an update!:)

This last week we have been clearing the property and having a blast!

We have cleared almost half the property and are almost ready to start building....:celebrateThis Saturday dad is renting an excavator to move 13 huge stumps that his tractor can't move and we are going to have some more river rocks delivered to the property for a full driveway. We are also packing and moving this Friday to the property:thumbsup:thumbsup:thumbsup... I can't wait to have my "own" yard!

My wonderful dear bogs broke while we were out on the property :hitso mom let me pick out a new pair yesterday and they should be here in the next few days:woot.... I will never try a different type of shoes again. :D

Cat is doing well... She is a spark of energy! She likes to spazz out and run under the couch and chase me around! She is growing on me slowly! We renamed her "cotton".

Boaz is not to good.... It turns out my neighbor/aunt was feeding lots of chocolate ice cream... :smack:smack:smack:smack:smack:smack:smack:smack:smack:smack!
He started last night with shakes, head tilted to left side, throwing up, stating off into space, wobbly legs, stumbling, eyes rolling, etc. I thought he was going too have a seizures but thank god it didn't go that far and this evening he is doing much better!
I have connected my vet in Oregon and she said to just watch him but if things get worse he will go to the vet. I am not pleased our vet and there the only ones for hours... They don't open till 2 and aren't very helpful... They don't really care.:(
Anyways I feel really bad he had to go the all that!
He is on the road to recovery and vet was pleased with what I told him so I am happy.

Goats are all together and happy along with getting there hooves trimmed, good feed, etc and did I mention Naomi is going to have baby's in a few months...:weee
I am very happy with there new owner as for there old I am not sure what she is doing, I haven't talked to her since selling the goats but it is okay with me.
Sugar is milking an gallon a day.. I knew she could do it!

Dad has once again switched what he is building.... A pole barn!

I will post more tomorrow!

TAH

Herd Master
Reaction score
Now you are going to live in a pole barn?
Yes Sir..... It turns out after more research on the dome it is not going to hold up to Alaska very well so dad says pole barn tuned into a house. New is working on drawings up maps of what it is going to look like.

TAH

Herd Master
Reaction score
Boaz, has bloodshot eyes this morning and is delicacies.... Back to call the vet! :hit:hit