The mystery of Bonnie

goats&moregoats

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Pygmy goats only have brown eyes. Can you get/do you have more full pictures of her. Read up on feeling the ligs or u-tube videos. It takes a while to understand, but once you feel ligs that are "gone" then you will know what to look for. Once the ligs are gone then it's usually within 24 hours to delivery. You can actually feel them softening as she progresses toward full labor. Definitely keep us informed.

Marykat1982

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Bonnie's discharge is different today. I called the vet and he said to wait and watch her that it didn't sound like an emergency. I brought her around my buck and there was no reaction. Udder still feels and looks the same not flat. Just a little pouchy.

Attachments

• IMG_2832.JPG
    IMG_2832.JPG
    268.6 KB · Views: 105

Marykat1982

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Pygmy goats only have brown eyes. Can you get/do you have more full pictures of her. Read up on feeling the ligs or u-tube videos. It takes a while to understand, but once you feel ligs that are "gone" then you will know what to look for. Once the ligs are gone then it's usually within 24 hours to delivery. You can actually feel them softening as she progresses toward full labor. Definitely keep us informed.
I agree about the eyes. I knew about the blue eye thing. I just fell in love with her. Just that she was sold to me as a Pygmy. I would have bought them anyway. Ligaments feel a little rubbery not soft though.

Marykat1982

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
IMG_2832.JPG
I talked to the vet and he said discharge can be completely normal and it's not an emergency. I feel a lot better. Discharge has changed colors though.

Marykat1982

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
IMG_2833.JPG
As soon as I calmed down, I walk out to this! I'm freaking out a little.

Jeanne Sheridan

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
View attachment 39445 As soon as I calmed down, I walk out to this! I'm freaking out a little.
Welcome to the insanity of goat ownership. I was the same way last year waiting for our first kids to be born. Each doe was different. We even have twin sisters who bred the same day that were different from each other. One gave birth 2 weeks early to 3 does and the other was almost a week late with a boy and a girl. Take a deep breath and relax. I agree with previous posts find and watch you-tube posts about pregnancy in goats. There are a lot of them out there. We got lucky in that one or our neighbors has raised Alpine goats for years. When Olivia went into labor they came over and sat with us. for the last couple hours. Here is a link to one of my favorite bloggers who put together a pregnancy and delivery check list. https://www.weedemandreap.com/goat-pregnancy-delivery-checklist/

Marykat1982

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Welcome to the insanity of goat ownership. I was the same way last year waiting for our first kids to be born. Each doe was different. We even have twin sisters who bred the same day that were different from each other. One gave birth 2 weeks early to 3 does and the other was almost a week late with a boy and a girl. Take a deep breath and relax. I agree with previous posts find and watch you-tube posts about pregnancy in goats. There are a lot of them out there. We got lucky in that one or our neighbors has raised Alpine goats for years. When Olivia went into labor they came over and sat with us. for the last couple hours. Here is a link to one of my favorite bloggers who put together a pregnancy and delivery check list. https://www.weedemandreap.com/goat-pregnancy-delivery-checklist/
Thank you so much and as soon as I get a quiet minute, I will check out the link.

lalabugs

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
She is going to drive you crazy! Been there. LOL. :)
My first experience with a pregnant nigerian, she had discharge start 2 months before her due date. She went two days over. Kidded day 147.
I currently have a doe, we just brought home almost a week ago. She's bagging up. No due date. I check her 3 times a day. lol. Once her bag looks like it's close to full, the web cam will go up in her pen.

Any change in your girls udder?

Marykat1982

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
IMG_5043.JPG
IMG_5044.JPG
IMG_5045.JPG
IMG_5046.JPG
IMG_5054.JPG
I haven't posted in a while because I had become quite obsessed. I can say there is a definite change in Bonnie. Not getting excited yet.