The Power of Blue!

Wehner Homestead

Herd Master
Reaction score
Blue has grown into such a fine dog. The most interesting thing with this litter is that they have just always done their job.
Blue is a handful in some ways as he is just too stinking smart. Not in any negative way but he is just a powerful dog that is very serious.
He is his momma's favorite. She LOVES her pups STILL! But Blue is her favorite.

Blue demands respect. All the goats respect him. The dogs respect him. I respect him. He is a very keen dog.

You can see his power in his muscling.
Blue is not keen on "D" being just on the other side of the wire. "D" is now with Eliza in the poultry field. Blue doesn't like him there. He sees it as his extended area. "D" is in no way phased by Blue. BUT that wire MUST stay hot. This is not a situation where I would want to have to interfere on. For now I tell Blue that "D" is my dog and knock it off. Blue gives the look ... the yeah, I hear ya but I don't like it and you can't make me.:lol: But he does back off.

The power of Blue!
View attachment 19677

Blue
with his momma
View attachment 19678

Not Leo (Aslan) behind Blue up front
View attachment 19679

Blue with his mommaView attachment 19680

He loves Callie!:love
View attachment 19681

These two are awesome!
View attachment 19682

There was a lot of road activity and he makes sure we know he is on guard!
View attachment 19683

Today we were out with our baby goats taking pics and videos... he just stayed back and watched.
View attachment 19684

While loving on the babies one jumped on my back and grabbed a clump of hair... I let out a hollar, half screachy from laughing and half loud from the fact that it hurt ... silly goats....
View attachment 19686

Blue hears "distress"... he may love his goats BUT he will protect us as well. In seconds Blue cleared the goats and stayed by my side... his way of saying don't mess with my mom. ;)
View attachment 19685

The goats have much respect for Blue. It is very interesting. Never afraid of him but "listen" to him.

The field dynamics have changed. It is Blue, Chunk, and Pete in the field.
Chunk took on a great deal of responsibility at an early age and was the lead dog at 8 months. He has been awesome. Not many 8 month olds can do what Chunk could do. He grew up and has had to endure all the pups and their momma Callie, which in itself was tough. Chunk has been lead dog. Blue however feels he is lead dog. There have been a few challenges but amazingly the two leads have their balance. It has been a little harder on Chunk, as he is MY BOY. He has a strong sense of "ownership". Blue also has a strong sense of ownership. :rolleyes:
Blue tries to act like he doesn't care but he is jealous. :lol:

Blue would be the typical "hard to handle" dog. I do well with dominant independent dogs. I can only imagine if he were to have gone elsewhere... it would not have been good. Most would not "get" him.
He is fantastic. His ability to make decisions is amazing!

Blue’s pics were scrolling on the homepage today!!

Rammy

Herd Master
Reaction score
If you have a pet pee in the house, a blacklight will reveal where. I got one and discovered alot more spots than I thought.
Pretty dogs. Wish I could get a LGD but only have chickens. Plus, I would have to get my pasture refenced. How old is Blue? Is he a Pyranees mix?
So handsome.

Southern by choice

Herd Master
Reaction score
I sent this to @Wehner Homestead and since she posted here I thought I'd post a pic.
Blue has been so busy with Pete out of commission.

I sure do love my boys! He has some mud on him. lol
007.JPG

Southern by choice

Herd Master
Reaction score
Blue is taking care of things until Pete can go back to his goats. Good boy.
Pete hears Blue and will start barking, he wants back to his field and to back up his partner. It is sweet and heartbreaking at the same time. We let him out on a long rope lead to hang out with us when we are working out there. He is so good and pretty much stays close but we have to have a long lead on him as now he is so much better we need to make sure he doesn't decide to go "work" especially being on the highway.

:love I just hope he loves me as much as I love him when I get to come meet him!
Well, probably not. He will ignore you, he will watch you, you are not allowed to touch his goats. He doesn't want you in his field. He is not people aggressive just more like "your not my people so I have no time for you". Pete though... awwww Petey will love you! D will love you, Silver will love you. :D