The Power of Blue!

Goat Whisperer

Herd Master
Reaction score
Thought I'd update this thread with some more pics. :)

As many already know, we lost "Pete"- Blue's brother and partner.
We are devastated over this loss. I cannot put it into words.

Today I took some time snapping random pics. I love this boy! He is the most expressive dog. So much like his momma, Callie. It has been nearly two years since Callie's passing. We are so thankful to have Blue!

Pic heavy!

Wings & Caprines LGD Blue (2).JPG

Barking at the neighbor's car
Wings & Caprines LGD Blue (3).JPG

Listening to make sure they don't come back...
Wings & Caprines LGD Blue (4).JPG

I asked Blue if he was my boy. He did the "Callie grab" and rolled over on his back, wagging his tail LOL
Wings & Caprines LGD Blue (6).JPG
Wings & Caprines LGD Blue (8).JPG

Blue's tired eyes.
Wings & Caprines LGD Blue (5).JPG

Blue with his goats.
Wings & Caprines LGD Blue (1).JPG

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
I love the pics! Haha that roll over gets me talking baby talk, "Oh do you want a tummy rub? Tummy rub! (while I am rubbing tummy and gurgling like an idiot) My baby likes his tummy rub!" :lol:

How DARE the neighbors drive their car!! How dare they do ANYTHING outside so close to Blue's goats!

Southern by choice

Herd Master
Reaction score
I love the pics! Haha that roll over gets me talking baby talk, "Oh do you want a tummy rub? Tummy rub! (while I am rubbing tummy and gurgling like an idiot) My baby likes his tummy rub!" :lol:

How DARE the neighbors drive their car!! How dare they do ANYTHING outside so close to Blue's goats!
If a car is going slower than 55-60 mph he goes ballistic on the fence. He really doesn't like people even looking at his goats, it seems to offend him. :lol:
Love Blue!!!
Blue was Callie's favorite. He is most like her. Although she was way social, whereas Blue is... well .... Blue. Always serious about his job has no time for anyone or anything but HIS goats, HIS family.
Tomorrow his littermate (Green Collar aka as Simba) is coming for a visit. I love love love Green collar. He, Blue and Orange collar (aka Mel that Latestarter has) were my 3 favorites, my picks. Of course I loved them all and we knew Pete would more than likely stay. He was scheduled for a farm out of state but it fell through thankfully. It would have been a mistake. Pete was always our boy.
It was very hard for me to give up Green yet I knew he was being placed in the exact right environment. I get to see him about 3-4x year. It is wonderful. He always remembers us.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Trip is such a weirdo. He is a good guardian, but on his terms. He refuses to stay 24-7 with the sheep and jumps out. He sleeps under the porch in the summer, on the porch (on his bed) in the winter. He comes in for nap time, social or for snacks. He spends most of his time in the general yard area where he can survey his kingdom. He will go lay by the sheep barn to keep an eye on things. He despises loud trucks and chases them away up at the front fence. If the gate to pasture #1 is closed, he just jumps the fence to get to the road fence.

These dogs are definitely independent. If you can't handle that, don't get one.

Goat Whisperer

Herd Master
Reaction score
Snapped these pic of Blue on Christmas. Love this dog!

He just turned four years old this week. It was a bittersweet day, with the recent loss of his brother, Pete.

Just so thankful for this dog. I don't know what I'd do without him. There was really something special with Callie and her pups. I can't even put it into words.
Blue.JPG

Blue & Zephyr.JPG