The smallest project has started! 😁

secuono

Herd Master
Reaction score
Came across an ad on FB for a mini while scrolling around two weeks ago. Since Flugi sold & mini was less than what I got for her, DH agreed to it.

I got my van all set up, hauled my butt out 2.5hrs in the pouring rain on a 70mph highway, then things stopped.

She wouldn't walk over the terrifying, noisy metal ramp. 🤦🏽‍♀️ Too short & fat to jump up or be hoisted in.

Spent awhile up there trying, but eventually, I had to come home empty handed. I told seller to give me a couple of days to see if I could convince DH to haul the trailer.

Husband said no. Ugh.

So, I told seller that I would post on FB asking for hauling & see what happens. I find someone. Unfortunately, they wanted more than I'd rather pay. But, well, you know how it is? When you set your eyes on something, ya just gotta have it, money be damned!

I eventually agreed to spend $50 more than what I had available for a project & now I'm waiting for her to arrive!

I just got word that she's on board & on her way!

I'm incredibly nervous, as I am trusting a complete stranger. I've heard of people stealing horses during this process of blind trust, so, yeah, I'm sweating bullets right now!

Horse is roughly 31", 4yrs old, fat mare, bad right eye & wonky rear hoof.

Will they arrive? I'll know around 5pm!

FB_IMG_1602982490818.jpg
received_381898232934907.jpeg

Alright, onto the hopeful stuff.
I'd like to cart train her & teach her to leadline. Probably too small to make her a saddle horse, but if she can pull a cart, future buyer should be able to easily switch to riding.

She only knows how to lead, was untouched until the seller bought her about 4mo ago.

Of course, if DH happens to really like her, she may end up a permanent member.

Niele da Kine

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Moral of the story - learn to drive the trailer. I had the same situation with getting two sheep, trailers are interesting to drive but not that difficult actually. Just try to really limit the backing up! I practiced in a big open space for a bit first, but it wasn't as difficult as I thought.

Cute little horse! Will her back foot be fixable, do you think?

secuono

Herd Master
Reaction score
Moral of the story - learn to drive the trailer. I had the same situation with getting two sheep, trailers are interesting to drive but not that difficult actually. Just try to really limit the backing up! I practiced in a big open space for a bit first, but it wasn't as difficult as I thought.

Cute little horse! Will her back foot be fixable, do you think?

I could drive it, on normal roads. But I'm not getting trapped on narrow, steep, winding roads, alone & hours from home.

secuono

Herd Master
Reaction score
Her color is "red tobiano lp/red pintaloosa", for those curious.

Raining today, so thinking of names.

Mały, small
Niski, low/short
Cxzerwony, red
Perła, pearl
Rekin, shark

Idk, still thinking, may end up an english name.

Last edited:

secuono

Herd Master
Reaction score
Rain finally stopped, so I sat with her for awhile. She keeps her left eye closed when resting next to me, it clearly bothers her. The right eye looks bad, but she's not acting like it bothers her any. 🤔 She rested her chin in my lap, too. So sweet!

Niele da Kine

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
How about a fun name like Princess Priscilla? Pumpkin? Petunia? I seem to be stuck on names that start with a 'P' for some reason. Dunno why. Do horses get to know their names? Maybe "Nellie" so she has a hope of ever pronouncing her own name?

secuono

Herd Master
Reaction score
Vet just left.
Right eye non-visual, eye itself is shrunk, microphthalmia, but can still move somewhat. Will be putting neosporin on it. If it keeps getting weird, then I'll schedule to have it removed.
Left eye has swelling, maybe injury or allergy, depending on what the drops do, may tell us which it is. Have the tiniest bottle of eye drops to put in there 3x a day for a week. She was okay-ish for the vet to get the drops in, but I know it'll only get more difficult with time. Vet will be back if no improvement in a week. She was squinty and wiggly, so he didn't get a great look at it, did do a stain for it.
I'll try to catch what I'm seeing on video. I know they have corpora nigra, but I don't believe that's what I'm seeing.

Anyway, she was super well behaved. I really don't know where other people find demonic minis from, I'm 3 for 3 on sweet minis. Two are redheads and all 3 are mares! 🤷🏽‍♀️ It really is a mystery!

Let my other 4 out in their grazing muzzles.
They'll get to interact with her more while she's safely in her round pen.
Screenshot_20201102-113147_Video Player.jpgScreenshot_20201102-113155_Video Player.jpgScreenshot_20201102-113239_Video Player.jpgScreenshot_20201102-113300_Video Player.jpg