The Tale of Mr Slowroast

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
Huge ifference between no photo & the little guy in a coat. Gotta ask, will Roaster become a roast? Well, your own freezer or a buyers...…. He looks well on his way to a good meal.

Sheepshape

Herd Master
Reaction score
Gotta ask, will Roaster become a roast?
Most probably will become another 'pet' should he continue to have a pleasant personality. We don't eat meat (!) and I feel that he and I now have a 'special bond' ....he's had more medication than pretty much all of the other lambs put together.....so his frailty may prove to be his strength. Actually, he doesn't seem in the least bit frail. He is chunky, heavy, good coat and thick set. He looks bigger than most of the twins who are with mum.

Haha, i'm glad I'm not the only with "wool rolls" on the wire!
That's a 'mild' example. We have whole stretches of white fencing. Wool sheep are forever scratching and manage to bend over and break off fencing posts with remarkable ease. For a short time after shearing the 'fence wool' doesn't increase, but they seem to take out more posts then.

Roaster and Denzil are being weaned now, and they are NOT happy. They would like to continue milk for another year or so.

Last edited:

Latest posts