1. BYH Official Poll: What are the things that you should consider before buying herds?
    CLICK HERE!
    (if you are logged in, this notice can be dismissed using the "x" to the top right of the notice)

Dismiss Notice
  2. Rate this sheep's condition - Featured Thread
    CLICK HERE!
    (if you are logged in, this notice can be dismissed using the "x" to the top right of the notice)

Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. BYH Picture of the Week (POW) - Submit your Pics Now !!
    Click HERE!
    Dismiss Notice

The Tale of Mr Slowroast

Discussion in 'Birthing, Weaning, and Raising Young Sheep' started by Sheepshape, Apr 5, 2019.

1. May 18, 2019
    Mini Horses

Mini Horses Herd Master

Huge ifference between no photo & the little guy in a coat. Gotta ask, will Roaster become a roast? Well, your own freezer or a buyers...…. He looks well on his way to a good meal.

Sheepshape and SA Farm like this.
  2. May 18, 2019
    Baymule

Baymule Herd Master

He has made quite the comeback, over and over! Haha, i'm glad I'm not the only with "wool rolls" on the wire!

3. May 19, 2019
    Sheepshape

Sheepshape True BYH Addict

Most probably will become another 'pet' should he continue to have a pleasant personality. We don't eat meat (!) and I feel that he and I now have a 'special bond' ....he's had more medication than pretty much all of the other lambs put together.....so his frailty may prove to be his strength. Actually, he doesn't seem in the least bit frail. He is chunky, heavy, good coat and thick set. He looks bigger than most of the twins who are with mum.

That's a 'mild' example. We have whole stretches of white fencing. Wool sheep are forever scratching and manage to bend over and break off fencing posts with remarkable ease. For a short time after shearing the 'fence wool' doesn't increase, but they seem to take out more posts then.

Roaster and Denzil are being weaned now, and they are NOT happy. They would like to continue milk for another year or so.

Last edited: May 19, 2019
    SA Farm, Baymule and B&B Happy goats like this.