Theanimalgal journal

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
fern and dolly(the goats) are definitely pregnant and getting big:celebrate. so we should be expecting kids in late May and June.

Happy to hear successful goat breeding.....BUT if they're already "getting big" you're probably gonna have kids way before May or June! 😁. Could you be just seeing a full rumen? I'm assuming full side goats.....

Goats gestate 5 months. Generally only show much in 4th & 5th month. Well IF you have pygmy or nigies, that could explain early show. But at 2 months kids are tiny in there. Just check dates, watch in April....post pics of new kids!!!!🤗

hoovesgalore

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
one is a Nigerian she due May the Saanen isn't big yet she hasn't come into heat in a month and has been acting differently.

hoovesgalore

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
ok new update so recently I've been working at a show sheep farm. yesterday we had a ewe deliver and i was on my way home when they called me and said the ewe prolapsed and the put her down. So i now have a bummer lamb(orphan lamb). She is the cutest little fine wool cross. She is a day old today. Shes been up and about and is taking a bottle. If anyone has any advice let me know.

Alaskan

Herd Master
Reaction score
ok new update so recently I've been working at a show sheep farm. yesterday we had a ewe deliver and i was on my way home when they called me and said the ewe prolapsed and the put her down. So i now have a bummer lamb(orphan lamb). She is the cutest little fine wool cross. She is a day old today. Shes been up and about and is taking a bottle. If anyone has any advice let me know.
@Baymule

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Formula;
1 gallon whole milk, take out 2 cups
1 cup cultured buttermilk
1 can evaporated milk

save the 2 cups of whole milk. It wont take long and those 2 cups will add up to another gallon. LOL

I raised mine in a large dog crate with a extra large puppy pad, changed frequently. I put diapers on them, used blue painters tape to keep them from falling off and let them loose in the house in the evenings to play. They were so much fun! When they got bigger, I moved them to the barn in a small pen to start with and fed them there, then let them in with the other sheep. That way, they grew up knowing they were sheep, but I was out there several times a day to feed them. I sold the wether and kept the ewe and she is pregnant now. Waiting on her babies!

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
These are the only two bottle babies I ever raised in 7 years. Katahdin ewes are good mothers! We were in the midst of a record breaking blizzard with -6F degrees! Getting the milk was hard sometimes, I had the whole neighborhood on the lookout for milk. LOL They hated the powdered lamb milk replacer, so I mixed a little with their milk to stretch it out. They were adorable, we had a blast with them.

7ABEDFF9-9DD5-4391-91D7-6C6955ACA5D3.jpeg

0BEA3686-2C56-483A-A0FF-7668AD4AD84A.jpeg

BBA99DE9-86B2-4432-8C70-F2201624719A.jpeg

509AA6CD-0D0D-409E-B413-3EF736B99EBA.jpeg

A35353F5-429F-420A-9747-C51FF63DDD50.jpeg

30B9C40F-4DF4-4C12-BB71-4A4FCAD221AE.jpeg

hoovesgalore

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
so cute! I have dog diapers from raising a doeling inside so iv been using those shes a spoiled little girl already! she's taking the all animal formula. I decide her name, it's delightful bliss but we call her blissy or bliss. She's stay's in a dog kennel overnight then followed me around all day. I'm getting up twice every night and feeding her every 4 hours. I'll try to post a few pictures up soon and keep y'all updated.

Latest posts