Theawesomefowl~ My Hair Sheep Journal ~ NEW LAMB PICS! YAY!

theawesomefowl

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
Oh my! Beautiful hot weather, and the sheep are happy. The goat is gone--I sold him last week.

QUESTION: They were acting silly and butting heads today--do sheep still do that when they're pregnant, or are they in heat???? :barnie

SheepGirl

Master of Sheep
Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
My ewes do that when they fight for food or when they're re-establishing dominance (i.e. a lower-ranking ewe wants to move up). When my ewes are in heat, they don't really bother each other. They're just busy looking for a ram! lol

theawesomefowl

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
SheepGirl said:
My ewes do that when they fight for food or when they're re-establishing dominance (i.e. a lower-ranking ewe wants to move up). When my ewes are in heat, they don't really bother each other. They're just busy looking for a ram! lol
*whew* Thank you SO much. :hugs This gives me hope that they...could...still...have..lambs. :D

theawesomefowl

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
Funny story of the day.........
Today I was sitting outside in the glorious sunshine in "maiden meditation fancy free" eating a grapefruit when the sheep decided to come over. They sniffed around for a bit, and then Amelia tried to taste part of the grapefruit. She ended up eating it! :th It was only a small piece so I'm not worried but really , girls??? Those crazy sheep!

Sometimes I feel like I'm living in a surreal parallel universe where the sheep eat grapefruit, the chickens eat styrofoam and I can never remember what I just did....:rolleyes:
:lol:

aggieterpkatie

The Shepherd
Reaction score
Exciting stuff! The time will be here before you know it! :D

Gracie9205

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
I'm in the same boat! I have been watching the udders on my 2 ewes for the past couple weeks. I can't tell if they are growing, or if the girls are just getting fat! I would love to have a couple lambs this year :love

theawesomefowl

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
asfhdklhsdklgfhdglk Amelia lambed!!! Of course, being a sheep, she had to go and lamb the one weekend we were away. :barnie I just got home an hour ago!!!
He is dry, so she must have licked him off, a male, and his tongue is warm so I'm assuming he nursed?! I put some iodine on the cord.
Amelia's udder is full but not too painful because I even was able to milk it, but she seems to not be letting him nurse!!! She is nickering to him, but butted him when he tried to nurse. The other sheep is butting him too when he gets too close. I am not able to separate them...damn. Any thoughts?? I'm just going to keep checking on them every so often.....HE MUST NURSE!!!!!!!!!

I hope this made some kind of sense.....kind of freaking out now. :weee BTW, his name is Quark Tennant at least until he gets old enough to eat when his name will be simply FOOD. (After David Tennant from Doctor Who :p) Quark because I'm reading a book about string theory. :thumbsup

Latest posts