TheKindaFarmGal's Journal - Long overdue updates! Cow calved

TheKindaFarmGal

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
And as promised, here are a few pics! Some are recent, some aren't.

To start off, here is a picture from last year when our cow was very, very pregnant! I need to get some recent ones of her.

IMG_4894.JPG

This is Leslie (she was busy making that bulge in the former picture ;)) a few months ago. Also need some updated pics of her - the cows are hard because they like to come up and shove their noses up to the camera. lol

IMG_7483.JPG

Muscovy duckling (chickens in the background). This is from today.

IMG_8550.JPG

Junior doe. I think she's a meat mix, possibly some Silver Fox?

IMG_8307.JPG

One of my dogs - this is Daisy, a 3 yo. BC mix. She's the smallest of the dogs at just 30 lbs.

IMG_6749.JPG

This is a picture from a few months ago of one of my other dogs, Cookie. I have more recent ones of her but I love this one! :love

IMG_7694.JPG

A picture of my pet owl (who is now dead :hit). Don't let him scare you away forever, Micah! :lol:

IMG_8064.JPG

I've got a lot more to share, but that's probably enough for now! I'm going to try to post more tomorrow.

Devonviolet

Herd Master
Reaction score
Nice pics!!!

I LOVE your Jersey cows!!! :love

Before I started milking our dairy goats, we used to get milk from a dairy, of Jersey cows. They call themselves Jersey Girls. The milk is delish! When we went to the dairy, to get our milk, I used to stop and watch the heifers in the field next to the long driveway. I fell in love with their sweet faces with those big eyes and long eyelashes!

Now that we are drinking LaMancha goat milk, with higher butterfat content, I LOVE our milk even more than Jersey Girls milk! :lol:

A commercial dairy farmer grazes his heifers on 160 acres across the road from us. When we moved here in Feb of 2015, his herd was all Holsteins. About 4 months after we moved here, I noticed a gorgeous Jersey bull, in with the black & white heifers. Here is a photo of the big bull, a couple months ago
0424171751a-1-1.jpg

Here are a couple, of his heifers, looking at me, as I take the photo. They definitely have that sweet Jersey face!
0424171748-1.jpg

Some of his offspring look just like the Jersey Girls cows. :)

Last edited:

Devonviolet

Herd Master
Reaction score
Awww the owl is cute!

And my horses and sheep are the same as your cows when I take pics of them
Goats do the same thing. :lol:
tmp_6603-0504171122d-1-1077763838.jpg

Here, my Falina is getting ready to do it. I snapped it just in the nick of time. :lol:

That's Woody (in the pic with Falina), her playful little boy (wether), who is 8-1/2 weeks old. He jumped up just before I snapped the picture.

Last edited:

TheKindaFarmGal

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Awww the owl is cute!

And my horses and sheep are the same as your cows when I take pics of them

Yeah! :D =D

Haha, there's just something about the camera they can't resist...same with my rabbit, dogs, even the poultry! I've got a lot of random nose pictures on my camera. :lol:

Nice pics!!!

I LOVE your Jersey cows!!! :love

Before I started milking our dairy goats, we used to get milk from a dairy, of Jersey cows. They call themselves Jersey Girls. The milk is delish! When we went to the dairy, to get our milk, I used to stop and watch the heifers in the field next to the long driveway. I fell in love with their sweet faces with those big eyes and long eyelashes!

Now that we are drinking LaMancha goat milk, with higher butterfat content, I LOVE our milk even more than Jersey Girls milk! :lol:

A commercial dairy farmer grazes his heifers on 160 acres across the road from us. When we moved here in Feb of 2015, his her was all Holsteins. About 4 months after we moved here, I noticed a gorgeous Jersey bull, in with the black & white heifers. Here is a photo of the big bull, a couple months ago
View attachment 34712

Here are a couple, of his heifers, looking at me, as I take the photo. They definitely have that sweet Jersey face!
View attachment 34713
Some of his offspring look just like the Jersey Girls cows. :)

Thanks! I love them too!! :D =D

Sweet! I love our cow's milk; it'll be so nice once Leslie is bred and we can milk year round! Jerseys have the most beautiful eyes/eyelashes. :love I really would love to have some goats. Actually, I always wanted to have a farm and mainly breed dairy goats, LGDs and poultry with a few other animals on the side (a couple horses, cow, meat rabbits, etc.).

That bull is beautiful!! Nice heifers, too. Our cow was bred to our neighbor's bull, who is a dairy cross - Holstein, I believe.

Love your Lamanchas! Falina is very pretty, and the wether is adorable!

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
The best way for you to meet friends on BYH and BYC is to sign up the animal lover friends you have there in Brazil! You could tell people you know about the sites and get them to join too! Your cows are so beautiful!! Love them! More pics please!!

TheKindaFarmGal

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
The best way for you to meet friends on BYH and BYC is to sign up the animal lover friends you have there in Brazil! You could tell people you know about the sites and get them to join too! Your cows are so beautiful!! Love them! More pics please!!

Yes, that's a good idea! There is the language barrier, but I do know some English speakers. Thank you!! I'll be trying to get some more pics up later - they're on the computer, so it's sorta complicated to get em on. lol

Devonviolet

Herd Master
Reaction score
I was driving down our gravel road this afternoon, and the heifers had congregated in the shade of a tree.

So I stopped, rolled down my window & snapped a couple pics for you. There are 3 Jersies right in the midst of all the Holsteins. I think the dairy farmer has about 65 or 70 heifers out to graze.
0520171520.jpg
0520171520a.jpg

lcertuche

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Abigail what lovely pictures. Thank you for sharing. I have many children, grandchildren and chickens along with a spoiled little chihuahua. This is a great place to hang out along with the sister sites sufficientself.com and TheEasyGarden.com. Also backyardchickens for all things feathered.

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
:welcome

Yes, that's a good idea! There is the language barrier, but I do know some English speakers. Thank you!! I'll be trying to get some more pics up later - they're on the computer, so it's sorta complicated to get em on. lol
Time for all of us to learn Portuguese! Maybe not, I can't remember languages well.