TheKindaFarmGal's Journal - Long overdue updates! Cow calved

TheKindaFarmGal

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
I was driving down our gravel road this afternoon, and the heifers had congregated in the shade of a tree.

So I stopped, rolled down my window & snapped a couple pics for you. There are 3 Jersies right in the midst of all the Holsteins. I think the dairy farmer has about 65 or 70 heifers out to graze.
View attachment 34772 View attachment 34773

Oh, they're beautiful!! Thanks for the pics! Down our road a ways there is a dairy farmer (lots of them around here!) who has a bunch of Holsteins and one Jersey. I always love to look at her. :love

Abigail what lovely pictures. Thank you for sharing. I have many children, grandchildren and chickens along with a spoiled little chihuahua. This is a great place to hang out along with the sister sites sufficientself.com and TheEasyGarden.com. Also backyardchickens for all things feathered.

Thank you! That must be very nice! Yes, it is. I have been enjoying my time here very much. :D =D

:welcome

Time for all of us to learn Portuguese! Maybe not, I can't remember languages well.

Thanks for the welcome! Haha, Portuguese is a hard language! I have found that knowing it is very helpful in understanding other languages like Spanish and even some French. You're one of the first people I've talked to who knew that Brazil speaks Portuguese and not Spanish! :lol:

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Yes, that's a good idea! There is the language barrier, but I do know some English speakers. Thank you!! I'll be trying to get some more pics up later - they're on the computer, so it's sorta complicated to get em on. lol

I open my picture file and click on the picture I want to post and drag it to the space for posting a reply. Wait a bit, then it appears below the post. Click on that and it will load in the reply box. I hope that is clear as mud LOL

TheKindaFarmGal

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
I open my picture file and click on the picture I want to post and drag it to the space for posting a reply. Wait a bit, then it appears below the post. Click on that and it will load in the reply box. I hope that is clear as mud LOL

It's clear! Thanks! I'll have to try that method - usually I do it by the "Upload a File" button. I meant that my pictures are on the computer, but I have a hard time getting on the computer to post them. My brothers are taking it over. :lol:

Welcome from North Carolina USA
You just need a couple of goats and you will be set

Thanks for the welcome! Goats are definitely on my list - just have go convince my parents to let me get a few. :D =D

TheKindaFarmGal

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Pitita (she came with the name) this morning.

IMG_8592.JPG

And her nose!

IMG_8595.JPG

One of the cats.

IMG_7850.JPG

On Saturday I got two budgies! This morning I put a little batch of 16 eggs in the bator - just mutts, EEs and such. Last night it rained, which we need, but today is just cloudy. My mom hates it, since then clothes don't dry well...we need the rain, but sun would be nice!

I'm having trouble posting. I tried to post five or six pictures and a few sentences but it says that the message was too long to process.

Attachments

• IMG_8518.JPG
    IMG_8518.JPG
    320.9 KB · Views: 135

TheKindaFarmGal

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
What does Pitita's nose say in braille??

What a lovely cat :love

I wish I knew! It sure does look like Braille!

WOW! Pretty rooster! And love the other pics :love

Thank you!

I'm with @mustangrooster ! That's a gorgeous rooster! (What can I say...I like birds... :p)

:lol: I've got a lot of roos, but I think he's one of the prettiest. Also VERY well behaved!

Your cow is so pretty! And I think the rooster is beautiful too!

Thanks! :D =D

Hopefully pics coming later or tomorrow. Today I'm going to get two of my wisdom teeth pulled, so we'll see how I'm feeling. Lol