Then ----And Now

Azriel

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
calf 026.jpg calf 003.jpg calf 006.jpg calf 025.jpg
Girrr, my computer won't let me put the photos where I want them, just kind of puts them where it wants. The 2nd photo is my bottle calves Sadie (tan) and Frosty(white), when I first got them last May. Sadie was a month old and Frosty just over a week old. They were so fresh and new and sweet as could be. The first photo I took yesterday, not so fresh and new, they smell like cows now, but still so sweet and huggable. They are best of friends and where one is you will be sure to find the other. I put the weight tape on Sadie and she is just over 700# at 8 months, I don't think thats too bad for a bottle heifer. Frosty was being a brat and wouldn't let me get the tape on her, but she is still smaller than Sadie.
The 2nd set of photos is Chubby the steer calf born here in June, so he is almost 7 months months and I got the tape on him and he is just over 650#

Azriel

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Thanks, the 2 bottle calves were so easy to raise I think I got spoild, it almost makes me afraid to try again when I see the problems others have. But I sure love the babys.

WildRoseBeef

Range nerd & bovine enthusiast
Reaction score
I know the calves look cute, but I like them better when they're older, or at that age than when they're younger. Just what I'm used to, I guess. They look really good, you're doing an awesome job with them!! :D