These bottles/ nipples for baby goats?

GLENMAR

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
I was able to get glass soda bottles. Maybe people you know could save them for you.

mdavenport121

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
I'm using the soda bottle nipples as well. I sterilize the nipples and bottle by letting them soak between feedings in water/bleach. They seem to be working fine. I needed bottles, so I paid $2 for two 12 oz coke bottles. You gotta do what you gotta do.

babsbag

Herd Master
Reaction score
I start my kids off on with pritchard nipples and once they get the hang of it we graduate to the grey ones. I found out the messy way though that the pritchard nipple fits best on a pepsi bottle and leak on a coke bottle. Something to do with the depth of the threads on the bottles.

I absolutely fell in love with the lambar bucket my friend made for me last year. It was priceless when bottle feeding. The kids could get their meals and I could do chores, worked out great.

Here is a link on how to make one.

http://www.prydelandsranch.com/buildingalambarbucket.htm

The same friend also loaned me a holder for the bucket. It is tire rim with a bracket welded onto it to hold the bucket. Makes it higher off the ground and tip proof. If anyone wants to see it let me know and I will get pictures. It was a priceless as the bucket.

WhiteMountainsRanch

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
GLENMAR said:
I was able to get glass soda bottles. Maybe people you know could save them for you.

I like the idea of being able to use glass! Will those Pritchard nipples screw right onto those or is there ones that pop on 'em?

WhiteMountainsRanch

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Oh ok, sorry I was confused; I was looking at so many different nipples that I got confused... I've seen some that actually screw on and some that look like they pop over the top somehow (or fit inside)... :idunno

I think I'll just try the ones I showed; they are only $2.99, if they don't work I can always try something else. :)

20kidsonhill

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
WhiteMountainsRanch said:
GLENMAR said:

I like the idea of being able to use glass! Will those Pritchard nipples screw right onto those or is there ones that pop on 'em?
The grey ones that Roll showed you do not screw on they slip on, so they should work with glass soda or beer bottles, I haven't tried it, We dont normally drink soda, but for a treat I got a 6 pack and then we saved the bottles. LOL The plastic bottles are hard to wash out, I don't heat the milk in them, I use a glass pyrex measuring bowel to warm the milk. But I think they would fit on a regular glass beer bottle.

aggieterpkatie

The Shepherd
Reaction score
I start off on Pritchard nipples and switch to the regular black soda bottle nipples on day 2 or 3. We don't drink much soda either, but I buy the cheapo brand soda ($.80 per bottle) and dump it out.