WhiteMountainsRanch

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
http://www.jefferspet.com/product.asp?pn=0040626&camid=LIV

6210_0040626.jpg

GLENMAR

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Seems like they would work. My breeder told me to get the pop bottle nipples from Hoegger Dairy Supply.

Roll farms

Spot Master
Reaction score
I use the grey nipples from Caprine Supply - usually get them through Jeffer's Supply with my 'big' yearly order, though to avoid paying shipping 2x.
They pop right onto a pop bottle so you don't have to buy extra bottles, just drink a few sodas in the 12, 16, and 20 oz sizes so you have different sizes for the baby as it grows.

These work well for our standard-sized kids, and I've nursed a pygmy or 2 on them but not sure really tiny babies would like them.

http://www.jefferspet.com/lambar-feeding-outfit/camid/LIV/cp/16743/

DonnaBelle

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Yes, I use the soda bottle type nipples too.

I ordered mine through Hoegger's but I see jeffers has them too.

They slip over the head of a plastic cola bottle, and you can get them in any size. Just be careful when you cut the tip to not get the milk to flow too fast.

If they are hungry, they will suck.

DonnaBelle

lilhill

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
My babies like the Pritchard nipples (yellow cap, red nipple) that goes on a soda bottle.

ksj0225

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
Roll farms said:
I use the grey nipples from Caprine Supply - usually get them through Jeffer's Supply with my 'big' yearly order, though to avoid paying shipping 2x.
They pop right onto a pop bottle so you don't have to buy extra bottles, just drink a few sodas in the 12, 16, and 20 oz sizes so you have different sizes for the baby as it grows.

These work well for our standard-sized kids, and I've nursed a pygmy or 2 on them but not sure really tiny babies would like them.

We also use these too they hold up well and are easy to clean.

ksj0225

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
lilhill said:
My babies like the Pritchard nipples (yellow cap, red nipple) that goes on a soda bottle.
I have a few of these, in case I have one that's a pain to get started, but they aren't as easy to clean and don't hold up as long.

Pearce Pastures

Barn Babe
Reaction score
I use the pritchard nipples with great luck. The screw onto a pop bottle and I have never had an issue with them. We order ours from Jeffers once a year.

20kidsonhill

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Roll farms said:

Roll sugested I tree these, because we were having problems with our big kids with the Pritchard nipples(red nipple/yellow cap) These nipples that she is suggesting work really well for the standard size kids and hold up the entire 10 weeks they are taking a bottle. They also fit well on any plastic water bottle or soda bottle with a regular size screw top. They don't let air in, but I figured out that if you lift up on the lip of the nipple every know and then it lets enough air around the screw top of the bottle to put air in the bottle.

WhiteMountainsRanch

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
The only reason I didn't want to get the kind that screws onto the soda bottles is because we don't drink soda, nor do I know anyone that does and it seems like such a waste to buy soda and pour it our just for the bottles.

These also seem easy to clean/ sterilize whereas soda bottles don't...?

I'll check out the links you guys posted! Thanks!

Latest posts