This baby isn't quite right.....

Moody

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
I did a quick internet search and found that several do use cydectin on pregnant livestock.

I likely would not have used cydectin had I known she was bred but I was guessing by her size and the size of my other does who were much bigger and showing at that time (she was only 2 weeks behind them in her pregnancy) that she was not bred.

Moody

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
IMG_9847.JPG

Moody

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
He isn't taking a bottle well. I keep trying. I did not get up in the motn and have left him with his momma.

I just have a bad feeling about him. I don't think he will survive much longer. He can suck, his tongue may be misplaced but I have seen a few good strong ducks. This last time I know his tongue was not where it should be but he wouldn't change that no matter how many times I tried. He would reluctantly chew on the nipple.

Even when he did take some yesterday, he pulled his head back and turned it all the way as far as he could.

I have zero experience with kids not nursing and just looking off in those ways. He doesn't seem that premature if he is at all....I could be wrong about that though.

Moody

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
You think anencephaly based on my pictures or my (possibly faulty) description?
I don't want to draw out any suffering but I Laib don't want to write the little Guy off too quickly and not give him a chance.

and that is an interesting article.

Almost looks like anencephaly ...

I would have the kid put down and necropsied.

I did find this article and thought it was interesting. Although this plant is not native to here it is o the list of evasive species

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12930090

https://plants.ifas.ufl.edu/plant-directory/solanum-viarum/
nk

Moody

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
An die i did get and oz of 1.5 oz of milk down him around 11

Southern by choice

Herd Master
Reaction score
The amount he is taking is not enough to sustain life.
The flatness of skull and the open hole as well as the yes are all indicators of birth defect.

I agree that this one should be seen by a vet.

Euthanasia is much more humane then allowing a goat to die a slow death by not being able to eat or function in a healthy way.

Because you have some crosses in their remember G6S is an issue in nubians but is also affecting goats that have nubian bred into them.