This is odd....

Rammy

Herd Master
Reaction score
I have about 18 hens. They are laying pretty good. Here is the odd part..... Ive had a plastic egg in the coop which was in the corner of the coop for years now that I used to get them used to laying in the nest boxes. Its been on the floor all this time.
Tonight when I got the eggs, it was in one of the nest boxes. It wasnt there yesterday. I get the eggs every night. Now, Ive been having odd things happen around here that I think is the neighbor tresspassing on my property. I also have security cameras up and one is pointed towards the coop, but it doesnt see everything. I havent been reviewing the footage lately because frankly its stressing me out. I have a camera now thats wifi and I can put another mini in the coop itself. Is it possible the chickens put it there?
Or could it be human hands? The nest boxes are up off the floor about three feet. This is kinda making me nervous.

Rammy

Rammy

Herd Master
Reaction score
Im charging up the little hidden camera right now. Im going to watch the footage of the camera pointed at the coop tmrw. I also have a wifi cam pointed at the coop now that records motion detection. Its possible the chickens moved it somehow but why they did it now when they havent for years is odd. My bet is it was the neighbor.

Rammy

Rammy

Herd Master
Reaction score
I just have to figure out when. I know it wasnt there when I got the eggs yesterday. Creepy neighbor has been out of town past couple days. Could be his kid. Or teenagers in the nieghborhood. Definitely putting a camera in coop!

Rammy

Rammy

Herd Master
Reaction score
Im also thinking of putting up a string of christmas lights I got to put up on the overhang of the barn where the coop is. Will light it up pretty good. Also have padlock ready.

Rammy

Rammy

Herd Master
Reaction score
No way a chicken could have done that. You have a creepy neighbor. Put up no trespassing signs. Catch neighbor on camera, call sheriff department, show deputy the footage and press charges.

I looked on the web, in fact, posts made on BTC, and people have stated chickens are capable of moving eggs by tucking them under their wings. So far, I have not seen anyone in the coop but have alot of footage to watch yet. Still think a person did it.

Rammy

Wehner Homestead

Herd Master
Reaction score
That’s a lot of effort and planning for a chicken...they use their wings for balance too and going up three feet with something tucked under a wing doesn’t sound very convincing...

Rammy

Herd Master
Reaction score
Thats true. I now have two cameras on that coop. One is hidden inside. If someone is messing around, I will hopefully catch them. What ticks me off is all that money Ive spent on security cameras and it cant catch someone tresspassing.

Rammy