This may sound weird but

goatdude95

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
I can't find anything big enough to wether my billy with i asked around and some people said they use tie straps could i put a tie strap around it ? do you think it would work

trestlecreek

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
How old is he? How much does he weigh?
(no, you can't use a tie strap)

goatdude95

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
he is 10 months old about 40 pounds

cmjust0

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
They're never too big for a knife, but make sure you know what you're doing...or pay someone who does.

()relics

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
I just did my sons bull/now steer calves..they weigh at least 200#...I used the same bander I use for my goat kids...you may just have to work "them" into the band a little if they don't fit....

trestlecreek

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
Yes, you could probably use the calf bands. At his age, if he were here, he would get banamine too.

goatdude95

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
can you buy the calf ones and use the same tool to pull it apart ?

goatdude95

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
well when i bought my wether he "fixed" him right then and banded him with the green ones as shown at jeffers i just can't see how it would fit around my bucks "things" lol i'll call the breeder i get my pygmies from and see if he will do it for me :)

Griffin's Ark

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
10 months is to old for a normal band. Goats are well endowed! At 10 months you should get a vet involved. Normally a goat would get whethered between 12 weeks and 16 weeks, then you have a lot less trauma. I have a 9 month old Nigerian buck that you would never get a band around (the green ones anyway). They make a ratcheting bander, but it is expensive and so are the bands. You might be able to find a cattle farmer that has one and use it, and buy a band from him, but I think the Vet would be your best bet.

Chris