Thistleblooms Rambles

thistlebloom

Herd Master
Reaction score
This mornings sunrise was a stunner. The wind was really whipping and the clouds were flying in the sky.

20200201_071116.jpg

My two "barn" cats like to do everything together. Here's the dynamic duo in an apple tree.

20200130_165402.jpg

Other than that things have been pretty dull here. The good news is it's getting colder again and there is some actual snow in the forecast (as opposed to the daily rain we've been having).

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
Here's the dynamic duo in an apple tree.
I see they are both eyeing the chickens, maybe trying to decide if they could get lunch by working together.
My chickens don't come out in the snow. Likely because they have the barn alley to hang out in and there is nothing to eat outside anyway.

thistlebloom

Herd Master
Reaction score
I see they are both eyeing the chickens, maybe trying to decide if they could get lunch by working together.
My chickens don't come out in the snow. Likely because they have the barn alley to hang out in and there is nothing to eat outside anyway.

Yeah, they sometimes seem to be stalking the chickens... I may need a mean rooster. In the meantime I keep an eye on them and barrage them with snowballs if they get into mischief of the unsavory sort.
My hens like to pick the undigested grain out of the horse poo. I don't watch too close. :sick They can get around easily right now because the snow is hard. I can walk on it and not leave tracks.

20200130_165241.jpg whut, us cause trouble?

thistlebloom

Herd Master
Reaction score
Today my husband and I took our fattys out to the park for a ride. No fresh snow but it was good to get some pedaling in.

In the bikemobile.

20200208_152423.jpg

We started out on our regular trail but the snow was deep and lumpy so we backtracked to the more open areas where the snow was lighter.
Here the snow was light, but very wet and squishy when we rolled over it. Crossed a lot of deer and turkey tracks.

20200208_151115.jpg

If warm butter and snot had a baby, that would be what we were riding through. I went down four times. The front tire just slid sideways going downhill and there I was, laying down. Resting. 😁

My Carharrt and Sorel wearing bike buddy. :love No sissy spandex there!

20200208_150634.jpg

It was a good day. We had fun.

thistlebloom

Herd Master
Reaction score
Y’all are really enjoying those bikes! It’s a good form of exercise, it will keep you in shape! I dunno what shape, but some kind of shape! LOL

Trying to avoid pear shape!
Dh and I are bike buddies from way back. We have ridden together since we were just dating. I thought I was so much faster because I was always out front.... found out the real truth quite a bit later.

thistlebloom

Herd Master
Reaction score
I was on a roll this morning. It may have been better sleep or more potent coffee, but I was full of energy and ready to tackle everything. The sun was also shining so that was helpful.
I rearranged the living room (must be close to spring!) decluttered and got rid of an old end table. It had some sentimental value, but I was feeling ruthless. The living room is so much more spacious feeling and usable. It's been bugging me for an embarrassingly long time, don't know why I didn't try this arrangement a long time ago.

Then I had to go into Big Town to do some errands. Stopped at my biggest job to take a look at conditions there. We still have a good foot of snow at home, but there was zero in town. it's like another planet or something, haha.
That property is just waiting for me to show up with my tools and work it over. That really got me excited! Hopefully next week I can start some spring cleanup. Haven't started cleanups in February for years!
This way I can ease into work and not be crunched for time and kill myself. Oh, and start making money again. Always a welcome event.

Also, in other news Syringas saddle should be finished by the 26th. I'm very excited about that. It's taken 3 months longer than predicted. Then I can get down to serious business and start riding her. Yay! :weee

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
I can't wait to see her all dressed up in her new saddle! I have a thing for saddles. One of these days i'll finish my feed and tack room, drag out all my tack and get it organized. Then it will be time to take inventory and see what else I need. It seems that when it comes to tack, more is always better.

You have a good job, outside, making beautiful things happen, satisfying work. You get to see the results of your work, instead of hours of time in front of a computer where your work disappears into cyberspace. Then in the winter, you don't have to battle the elements to make it to work on time, you are not bound by the clock. I'd have to say that you are pretty darn brilliant to have carved out your own niche in what you love to do.