Thistleblooms Rambles

thistlebloom

Herd Master
Reaction score
Today I actually got a start on my "annual" winter reorganization and purging project. How 'bout that? And it's not even winter yet, 😄
I say annual as if it's something I do every year. But it's actually annual because I have yet to do a complete job of finishing it, so it becomes a yearly projected project.
When my money jobs are finished in November I feel justified in not diving into a project for a week. Then a week gets a little longer, then it's Thanksgiving, and soon Christmas and by then I have snow chores and organization projects don't seem very interesting anymore.
But I cleaned out my old buffet today and got it back down to just holding basics again. Yay me. I have big plans for all the closets, AND the garage. I'll keep you posted. Feel free to nag me.

After that surge of responsibility I treated myself to a good ride! If you look at the mountain ahead of Syringas head you can see small wisps of smoke.

1600999262197.jpeg

That fire has been going on close to 3 weeks. Some idiot started it on the windiest day ever when we had 60 mph gusts. It was too steep to use hand crews so they used air support, helis with water bags and planes that scoop water up. There is fortunately a lake at the foot of the mountain that you can't see in the pic. I posted a picture some weeks ago of Syringa and I up on top looking down at the lake. That's where this fire has been burning. It's 75% contained now, and the rain we are to get tonight and tomorrow will help a lot.

Last edited:

thistlebloom

Herd Master
Reaction score
We are usually in burn ban mode all summer. Even when we ban burn we wait until after a rain and little to no wind. Surrounded by forest, we take no chances. Your fire starter should be sterilized so he doesn’t breed his stupidity. LOL

Yay on winter chores!

This was arson.

Yes on chores! I don't want this to be another winter where I get into the spring madness and wish I had been more productive.

thistlebloom

Herd Master
Reaction score
People suck.
So is that just a sidepull on Syringa? We use one on our mini and pony. I've been thinking of starting Richie on it at some point... though he can be bullheaded about eating on trails.

Yes. It's what I started her in with the idea I would graduate her to a snaffle, but she's proving to be so soft in it that there's no real reason to bit her. Except I bought a beautiful bridle a year ago that would be be lovely on her (sunflowers, so matches my saddle :p).
I was riding with a friend and we had a conversation about bridles/sidepulls.
I told her it was a shame to not use the glammy bridle because I loved the sunflowers on it. She thinks I'm nuts. She said she would paint sunflowers on the sidepull if that would keep me happy! :lol: She's a talented artist. It was a joke but maybe I should hold her to it, haha.