thoughts on a baby gift

wynedot55

Old Bull
Reaction score
because miss kutekitten i know how to buy for lil boys.an i dont know how to buy for lil girls.when my neices was lil id tell grandma how much to blow on them.this baby will never want to show his/her calves because they live in a big city.an wont get to see the cows but twice a year.

sparkles2307

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
I like the calf idea... but it'd be sad if the lil guy never got to see them! I want to eventually have a cow (or two) for each of my boys and sell the calf each year and put the $$$ in thier college accounts. Of course, DH says that if they were heifer calves he would have to trade me some of his bull calves for the sale barn cause it sticks in his craw to part with ANY heifer (we only have SO much pasture, eventually we have to part with some of them....)

wynedot55

Old Bull
Reaction score
well ill prolly get him a reg cow next year.an will keep all the heifer calves for him.we can carry 150 or 200 cows fairly easy.the sale of bull calves will go in a bank account for him.i really dont want him to go to collage.would like to see him leave the city an come to the farm when he is 18.

Farmer Kitty

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
College wouldn't hurt even if he/she comes to the farm. There are many great degrees out there that would help on the farm especially where he/she won't be growingup on the farm.

wynedot55

Old Bull
Reaction score
your right but i know to meny people that never use or quit using their collage degrees.

Farmer Kitty

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Yes, that can be true. But in this hard world it would be nice for him/her to have something to fall back on.

Imissmygirls

Lonley for cows
Reaction score
wynedot55, did you know my daughter is an Aggie... in Dairy Science, no less. They don't have an dairy science program anymore. It's a shame because the students actually ran the dairy there and made the decisions.
Of course, now she is married to the geek in San Antonio and never near a cow. But if she ever gets the opportunity!!