Thoughts on Breed?

HomesteaderWife

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
So, we have had "Linda" now for over a year and I realized I have never posted here to ask for input on what breed she may be.

She's about medium-sized height. Horns have stayed this short and not grown out much. About a year and a half old. The people that bred her said they come from distant Nubian stock but I just don't know- her ears are not quite as long. I almost thought Boer mixed in from the coloring. I'm not familiar with all the breeds so I could use a hand.

Any ideas here on what she may be? Thank you so much! P.S. Sorry these are the only three photos I have on hand. One photo shows her at only a few months old.

linda.jpg

goat.png
IMG_2871.JPG

Last edited:

samssimonsays

Milo & Me Hoppy Tail Acres
Reaction score
somewhere in the Northern region of Minnesota
I see nubian..... She's finer bones and narrower than boer imo but I am new to it. Could she have some Alpine? Maybe. But also maybe Nigerian. Could also be multiple mixes. What is her weight if known. At the 1.5 year mark was when my saanan/ nubian doe really had a growth spurt and went from medium height to full sized. So she "might" continue to grow but I don't know. She's cute either way!

Nathan Justice

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
So, we have had "Linda" now for over a year and I realized I have never posted here to ask for input on what breed she may be.

She's about medium-sized height. Horns have stayed this short and not grown out much. About a year and a half old. The people that bred her said they come from distant Nubian stock but I just don't know- her ears are not quite as long. I almost thought Boer mixed in from the coloring. I'm not familiar with all the breeds so I could use a hand.

Any ideas here on what she may be? Thank you so much! P.S. Sorry these are the only three photos I have on hand. One photo shows her at only a few months old.

View attachment 29996
View attachment 29994 View attachment 29995
She kind of looks like a Nubian Cross! She is gorgeous whatever she may be!

Latest posts