Thoughts on this calf’s confirmation

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
I don't think that they put restrictions if the animals are not shown in the same class .... you are only 1 person and can't show 2 at the same time unless you have magical powers and can clone yourself for the class :hide:idunno:lol::lol:. One question, did you check on showing the calf as a bull??? There was recently a discussion in one of the other cattle forums I frequent, and one of the guys was talking about his kids in 4-H and that it is expressly written into the rules that no bull over 4 months can be shown by an exhibitor in the 4-H shows... that the only bulls allowed for show are in open breed shows and must be shown by an adult over 18 and have to have halters and nose rings etc.... all that... with specific statements about any bull being immediately removed from the show and the premises if they become unruly....
It made me think of you and your calf.... I think they allowed for the 4 month rule due to some showing cow/calf pairs or something.

Your dairy heifer is pretty nice. I would show her over the black white faced heifer if you have to make a choice. She has nicer lines.... I realize she is older too....

CaliFarmsAR

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
I don't think that they put restrictions if the animals are not shown in the same class .... you are only 1 person and can't show 2 at the same time unless you have magical powers and can clone yourself for the class :hide:idunno:lol::lol:. One question, did you check on showing the calf as a bull??? There was recently a discussion in one of the other cattle forums I frequent, and one of the guys was talking about his kids in 4-H and that it is expressly written into the rules that no bull over 4 months can be shown by an exhibitor in the 4-H shows... that the only bulls allowed for show are in open breed shows and must be shown by an adult over 18 and have to have halters and nose rings etc.... all that... with specific statements about any bull being immediately removed from the show and the premises if they become unruly....
It made me think of you and your calf.... I think they allowed for the 4 month rule due to some showing cow/calf pairs or something.

Your dairy heifer is pretty nice. I would show her over the black white faced heifer if you have to make a choice. She has nicer lines.... I realize she is older too....
I definitely don’t have cloning powers 😂

Bulls are allowed in my fair as far as I know, I see bulls shown there when I go and watch the shows.

Okay, thank you.
I just love my beef heifer, I will still work with her (and the dairy) and see how she grows out before I sign her up to be shown!

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
You might want to double check on the rules on showing bulls. I wouldn’t want you to do all that work and at last minute, couldn’t show.

CaliFarmsAR

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Washed, blow dried, clipped/trimmed both calves.

Bull:
4FF66C09-F48A-4278-8759-01C6BA023FA5.jpeg
7E588D6A-58E2-4AEA-B28B-F714EAC91D18.jpeg
706AB813-3573-4BF4-BA31-CCFEF5E0161D.jpeg

Heifer:
83C461EF-345F-4A74-94B9-852F7F43DF76.jpeg
45441423-0DA3-4676-ADE4-7328C123CCDA.jpeg
76956326-87BA-41AD-8C2A-23BFA618B1C6.jpeg