1. BYH Official Poll: What are the things that you should consider before buying herds?
    CLICK HERE!
    (if you are logged in, this notice can be dismissed using the "x" to the top right of the notice)

Dismiss Notice
  2. Peachicks - Featured Thread
    CLICK HERE!
    (if you are logged in, this notice can be dismissed using the "x" to the top right of the notice)

Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. BYH Picture of the Week (POW) - Submit your Pics Now !!
    Click HERE!
    Dismiss Notice

Three-four month old goat walking on knees

Discussion in 'Diseases & Injuries - Goats' started by Lee Brownell, Jul 10, 2019.

1. Jul 10, 2019
    Lee Brownell

Lee Brownell Just born

i have a 3-4 month old goat that was fine a couple days ago. She had an accident where she fell off some board and got pinned. I think over night or early in the morning. I found her that morning when I went to feed. She was lethargic, but I gave her some water and a little Gatorade mixed in. She perked up. She pees and poops. But she will not walk on her front legs. I can hold her up and she will stand unassisted until she decides to move. I tried splinting the leg, but that did not help. Any ideas? I have a call in to the vet, but he is out of town for a few days.

Baymule likes this.
  2. Jul 11, 2019
    Baymule

Baymule Herd Master

3. Jul 11, 2019
    B&B Happy goats

B&B Happy goats Herd Master Golden Herd Member

My opinion is the goat needs to be seen asap by a vet, no idea if there is spinal injury, or broken leg etc..if you can't get a vet to come to you, can you bring the goat to a vet....?
    If you choose to wait....( it is your goat and choice to make )...... if you can keep it comfortable fine...If it's suffering,....you may have to make a tough decision.

Mike CHS and Baymule like this.
  4. Jul 31, 2019
    Jesusfreak101

Jesusfreak101 Loving the herd life

how is the kid?