Three little pigs...

frustratedearthmother

Herd Master
Reaction score
I can, I can! Earlier this year we were forced to put down a lamb. It was superbowl sunday. I had that lamb dead, skinned, gutted and quartered in an hour! Call me... LOL!

Latestarter

Novice; "Practicing" Animal Husbandry
Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
See? Now that's what I was thinking. Size wasn't mentioned at first, I was thinking piglets... You know, little pigs. At 30 pounds each, wouldn't take but a couple of weeks to a month to feed them up, then slaughter and cook the whole carcass! Got a smoker? or can you make one? Thinking slow roasted/smoked pulled pork! That's three football Sundays of "have a crowd over and eat good stuff" right there! :drool:drool:drool:drool:love

heckerdy

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
so did you? are they gone? I would think yours would have been a better practice size for bigger pigs later ..I would have said try it but NO NO NO this whole being "unprepared" and jumping in blind.. is NOT for the faint of heart.. but I bet you could have done together with better behavior for sure..I agreed with everyone here that the worst part for Bacon was him being alone. They need buddies and I feel badly for him. His saga continues poor guy this was not a simple thing as free food walking in the yard..

nothing is free LOL EVER! there is a trade off money or time or whatever

Scooby308

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
so did you? are they gone? I would think yours would have been a better practice size for bigger pigs later ..I would have said try it but NO NO NO this whole being "unprepared" and jumping in blind.. is NOT for the faint of heart.. but I bet you could have done together with better behavior for sure..I agreed with everyone here that the worst part for Bacon was him being alone. They need buddies and I feel badly for him. His saga continues poor guy this was not a simple thing as free food walking in the yard..

nothing is free LOL EVER! there is a trade off money or time or whatever

I dealt with hogs as a kid. I'll wait till I'm ready to go whole hog. Lol

heckerdy

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
he is slick this pig is all can say ..wow I am totally exhausted watching my husband chase him over the past month

Latest posts