Three little pigs...

Scooby308

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Seriously! Someone has dumped three pot bellied pigs on our road. I know they are a lard hog, but can you get any meat out of them? My wife said get them, you wanted pigs. I said no, I want hogs. Berkshires to be exact. Lol

Latestarter

Novice; "Practicing" Animal Husbandry
Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
More free pigs? Have you read @heckerdy 's thread about the pig that wandered into her back yard? Even if you don't keep them, maybe grab them and sell them. make a little $$ off it.

Scooby308

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Got 20# of meat from a 70# boar. So yea. There's meat. Don't over feed and you have a hog and not lard.

These were in the 20-30 lb range. I'd say someone bought three little pigs for the kids and bit off more than they could chew.
;) I got some hog panels here somewhere.

goatgurl

Herd Master
Reaction score
oh come on @Scooby308 where is your sense of adventure. really, how much trouble can three little pigs be?? just get you some cattle panels and line the inside of your pen with some electric wire so they won't go thru the panels till they are to big to fit and taadaa you have a pig pen. and you know they are really cute...

goatgurl

Herd Master
Reaction score
actually i do agree with you. but i have laughed so much at heckerdy's pig adventures i thought you should have some fun too. i have raised a lot of pigs over the years and have never even thought about raising a pot bellied pig. i much prefer bacon to lard thank you very much. i guess i can't talk you into it then, dang. i was needing a new laugh or two.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Free meat walks into your yard and you don't want them?? Pen them up, butcher early if you don't want them ....... for very long. Oughta be some sausage in there somewhere. Can you process them your self?

Latest posts