Three show marathon was a success!

Fullhousefarm

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
We attended three shows in three weeks. (And I'm still not caught up on sleep!)

My biggest brag. My 12 year old daughter, who owns 11 of our 13 goats, got first place in showmanship at ALL THREE FAIRS! She is on roll. All the fairs had good competition so she had to work hard. I'm happier about this than anything her goats win.

The first fair was our county fair. Not sanctioned, but a good turnout and lots of nice goats with an ADGA judge. She loved Aravis and put our dry Lamancha in front of two other does in milk which always makes me happy!

Next was the North Florida Fair. November is always a rough time to show since most of our herd has either been in milk for 9+ months or is dry and heavy bred. However, we did great! In the youth show we got Best Nigerian Sr (Orchid, heavy bred and grouchy)and Reserve (Queen), and three first and two seconds for Seniors. We had three Jr Does in for Best Jr doe- good thing I had three kids to show! Tootsie, our NOA Grade Lamancha was BJDIS, Leena was Best Jr Nigerian with Aravis as Reserve, and Magn was best Jr Lamancha. We also had a second place. We didn't enter all the goats in the open show since many Seniors were dry, but our Srs has a 1st (Ruby- in milk 11 months), 2nd (Orchid who beat a doe in milk, and 3rd (Queen, also dry.) The Nigerian and Lamancha breeds were very large classes overall, so those were great placings. Our Jrs didn't have anything super outstanding in the open show,but Magn and Tootsie were both in the top three of 7+ goat classes.

Then, we drove two hours north the next day to the FREEZING National Peanut Festival in Alabama. They had just had over 12" of rain in 7 days and we went from mid-90s in North Florida to 60s and rainy. They actually closed the festival the day we got there after they had to pull 250+ Cars out of the mud. Most does were mid-top half of classes. Again, lots of Nigerians and Lamanchas. My daughter won showmanship and the youth milking contest.

We had fun- but I'm glad we don't have another show until mid-January!

Last edited:

goatgurl

Herd Master
Reaction score
congratulations and a big congratulations to your daughter.

babsbag

Herd Master
Reaction score
WOW, you have been busy. Congratulations to your daughter and your goats. I really like watching the kids in Showmanship; best part of the shows IMO.

Latest posts