ThreeBoysChicks - Sold Sheep and Guineas, what to buy.....

Pearce Pastures

Barn Babe
Reaction score
Love the pallet use! Great idea. And your Barnevelder hen is very pretty---we have a few from a hatchery and they are pretty but very flighty compared to the others (I thought they were going to be more tame but they sure do give nice sized, dark eggs).

ThreeBoysChicks

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Pearce Pastures said:
Love the pallet use! Great idea. And your Barnevelder hen is very pretty---we have a few from a hatchery and they are pretty but very flighty compared to the others (I thought they were going to be more tame but they sure do give nice sized, dark eggs).
My Barnevelder was the only chick to hatch from a dozen Hatching Eggs I purchased. She is not any more flighty than any of my other chickens.

ThreeBoysChicks

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
We sold our two sheep. They were Katahdin's. They pretty much just ate and well you know. I always had to worry about them eatting the goats food and honestly, wanted room for a few more goats, so I sold them.

Can not keep all of them, right?

I have someone near us who always wants me to take bottle baby sheep when they get one. I may do that if I have the goat milk to feed it and raise it up to sell.

ThreeBoysChicks

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
So we sold the two sheep that were 3 years old at auction. They were really fat, got $196.49, sold 7 young roosters for $20, sold 11 guineas for $88. That makes $304.49. I am going shopping on Sunday afternoon. There is a very reputable breeder near us that usually starts his doe kids between $400 and $500 and has many of them reserved before they are even born. I emailed him and he has some LaMancha's kids on the ground this week and will sell some of them for $300. I have always wanted a LaMancha, something about the two extremes, Long Ear Nubians and No Ear LaManchas.

I was concerned because I would not have a buck. I know that I could breed her to Trip and registered them as experimental. However, the breeder said that since i am buying her from him, he will offer me drive way breedings to his bucks.

So I am hopefully going to pick out a beautiful LaMancha doeling or I may decide to wait a couple of weeks and get a Nubian doeling from him.

Tough decision.

Thoughts?

Shelly May

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Sorry I can't help you, As I would of sold all the goats and bought more Katahdins.:lol:

Latest posts