time to feed

wynedot55

Old Bull
Reaction score
well its getting cold here.so that means the cows are on hay till spring.so im feeding the cows some grain.i dread feeding 3 times a wk :celebrate ill be feeding them 3 or 4 times a week.cows will be spoiled now.the bulls are coming up begging for feed.

Farmer Kitty

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
:lol: We have been feeding here since mid September. Be glad your season is short compared to ours.

wynedot55

Old Bull
Reaction score
i hear you there.we will feed till march.i like winter.i get to see most all of the cows everyday.

Farmer Kitty

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
The cows get hayledge or when we open the other silo oatledge. I use a 10 cu. ft. wheelbarrow and it's 1 heaping wheelbarrow load to 4 twice a day.
wheelbarrowload.jpg

The heifers get baled hay. The big group gets 3 big round bales a week, I think-DH feeds them. And the middle group gets 2 round bales a week. The littler ones I feed small square bales to.

wynedot55

Old Bull
Reaction score
so thats about 30lbs of hayledge pre cow.i like your feed cart..

wynedot55

Old Bull
Reaction score
i know thats right.an looking at that loaded wheelbarrow makes my back hurt.

Farmer Kitty

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Why? It doesn't mine! :gig I usually work it so the silo unloader is lightly throwing down when I take the wheelbarrow. Then when I come back I fork up the little bit that is down and put the wheelbarrow back under the shute and crank it down a few turns. Works out good as long as I don't get carried away cranking down!

Latest posts