Tip of Leg Bent

abraeri

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
We had our first kidding 'season' if you could call it that. We had two does give birth. The second doe gave birth yesterday to a giant boy (11 pounds), who had to be pulled out and a smaller boy (6 pounds) who came almost an hour after the first.

The smaller one is obviously a little behind his brother in terms of size and strength, but I was wondering about one of his front feet which he holds kind of like it is in a cast. He can walk around, just a little wobbly.

None of the other kids born had any feet or other issues and are all healthy as can be so I'm doubting that it is any kind of mineral deficiency...

Does anyone have experience with something like this? I'm hoping it'll fix itself in the next few days. Could it be he didn't have space in the womb because of his giant brother? (I'm new to kidding so correct my if 11 pounds isn't really that huge).

I'll try to get a picture up tomorrow.

Last edited:

YourRabbitGirl

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
We had our first kidding 'season' if you could call it that. We had two does give birth. The second doe gave birth yesterday to a giant boy (11 pounds), who had to be pulled out and a smaller boy (6 pounds) who came almost an hour after the first.

The smaller one is obviously a little behind his brother in terms of size and strength, but I was wondering about one of his front feet which he holds kind of like it is in a cast. He can walk around, just a little wobbly.

None of the other kids born had any feet or other issues and are all healthy as can be so I'm doubting that it is any kind of mineral deficiency...

Does anyone have experience with something like this? I'm hoping it'll fix itself in the next few days. Could it be he didn't have space in the womb because of his giant brother? (I'm new to kidding so correct my if 11 pounds isn't really that huge).

I'll try to get a picture up tomorrow.
11 pounds?? That's enormous!! what have you been feeding them? Mine only ranges from 8 to 10 pounds. Lucky you!

frustratedearthmother

Herd Master
Reaction score
He may have contracted tendons due to positioning in the uterus - especially with a big brother. It'll very likely straighten out on his own when he starts moving around more. It wouldn't hurt if you want to hold him and gently straighten it a few times a day if he's not making progress. Worse case scenario you might need to splint it with a popsicle stick and a light bandage. I imagine he'll be just fine! Congrats on the new kids!

abraeri

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
11 pounds?? That's enormous!! what have you been feeding them? Mine only ranges from 8 to 10 pounds. Lucky you!

Not very lucky! My first kidding and I had to pull this monstrosity out! The other does were 7 and 8 and it was so much easier!

abraeri

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
He's a little behind his brother as well, in terms of finding teat and nursing etc. Do you guys have any experiences with this kind of situation? I'm hoping in a few days he will be up to speed and will be keeping a special eye on him

Latest posts