To be or not to be...sick

lgfiedle

Just born
Reaction score
We just purchased 6month old male, Nigerian dwarf from someone that is less than reputable. I'm kicking myself for knowing better. Anyhow, this seller kept his goats in a field and let them have the run of the place. We introduced him into our little herd of females, and they all came down with green snot, cold like symptoms, lethargy. His cold cleared up in a day. I treated them with antibiotics, and they got better. My females are doing great, running around, tails in the air, eating everything. This male just seems off. His tail is always drooped between his legs, his bleat is very feeble, and his turds are like dog turds. (I dewormed them, yesterday) Otherwise, he seems "ok". He's eating normally. He's just kind of a loner; my females haven't really accepted him into the herd, except for my one little girl who is just a love bug. I really don't know what could be wrong with him. I don't like that his tail is always droopy, and he doesn't seem to have the same energy as my other goats or the playfulness I've seen in most nigerians. Help!

Latest posts