Today, I am selfish... prayer request.

Ferguson K

Herd Master
Reaction score
Today, I am selfish. I am more worried about my cats routine surgery than the fire burning billions of acres. I am stressing over my store getting back into shape when thousands are without homes and their entire life burned to the ground. I do not care about politics. I do not care who wore what in some award show that didn't affect me in the slightest. I am selfish because I just bought a load of hay, when thousands are driving across the country to deliver free hay to our brothers and sisters who have nothing left. I am selfish because I just bought more milk replacer when I ran out and there are thousands of orphaned calves whose mothers burned alive to save them. Ranchers who now must figure out if they have any livestock left and are worried about what they're going to do to feed their families. I am selfish because I look at my animals and know they're safe. Others have no idea what they even have left.

Today I am selfish because for the first time all week, I have realized the magnitude of the fires burning away homes, towns, an entire state... I am selfish because all of the miniscule things I am worrying about have nothing on the families of the three teens who selfishly gave their lives saving cattle they didn't even own from raging fires. The farmers and ranchers driving their cattle in front of the fires praying they can out run them.

Today I am selfish, and I am sorry.

I will not post pictures of the gruesome things we are witnessing. The piles of cattle lining fields that burned alive. The cattle that were put down because they were to badly burned. The picture of the orphan calf whose mother died giving birth to it. I will only ask for prayers to those devastated by these fires from my fellow brothers and sisters of agriculture.
FB_IMG_1489598829011.jpg
FB_IMG_1489598826185.jpg
FB_IMG_1489598823041.jpg

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
God bless the farmers and ranchers, for they feed us. Damnation to the devil and the fires who destroyed them.

Goat Whisperer

Herd Master
Reaction score
This has constantly been on my mind K!
Very sad. The photos of the lines of burnt cows… :hit

I can't even imagine. I read several stories of the farmers braving it to go shoot their cows so that they don't suffer. Makes me feel so sick. Just terrible. They are in my prayers for sure.

Ferguson K

Herd Master
Reaction score
When people start complaining about the rising need prices, they wont be informed of the fires and they'll blame the president or whatever else.

No one will know.

I'm so mad for these farmers.