Today, I am selfish... prayer request.

babsbag

Herd Master
Reaction score
I had read about the fires on Facebook but the news doesn't say a word, after all, food comes from a grocery store, most people don't understand where it all starts. The loss of human life is truly a tragedy, I feel for the families.

A few months ago when a major dam near me was in trouble and more rain was coming 1000's of people were being evacuated. The local news channel was covering the evacuation and the weather, as it should. People were upset that that particular channel was not covering the Oscars that night. :th:somad Humanity is lost for the most part, it is sad and frightening at the same time. My prayers are with them all.

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
:hit I didn't even know about this. Way to go national news media. Those pictures made me cry. Thank you for posting this. I'll stop complaining about my foot and a half of snow now.

The only thing I listen to is NPR, don't even have a TV. I've not heard 1 mention of these fires. Figured they just started until I Googled and found they started 11 days ago. :th I don't listen all day every day but I would think there would have been at least a mention now and then that I would have caught.

NH homesteader

Herd Master
Reaction score
Today my local NH news had a story about a Kansas family that was raising 2 orphaned calves whose mother died in "a wildfire".... I can't view the video but I have a feeling they won't address the actual fire.

@babsbag you are so right. Food comes from the grocery store...:barnie never mind the farmers who lost their cattle, or their lives. People will only notice when beef is harder to come by. In case the general population forgot, beef comes from an actual animal that was raised by an actual farmer.

Poka_Doodle

Herd Master
Reaction score
I do have to say I'm fortunate that the one fire that was on lots of horse land that was near me a couple years ago was one that people were able to evacuate all the horses.

babsbag

Herd Master
Reaction score
Wildland fires are not rare or new out in CA where I live but almost always it is in a heavily wooded area, not open range land. A few years back a friend had to evacuate due to a fire and our goat club jumped into action and helped her move 93 goats. I can't even imagine cattle on an open range. Even if you could get to them moving that many would be darn near impossible.

Ferguson K

Herd Master
Reaction score
It's a good thing we raise our meat.

Prices are about to sky rocket.

Latest posts