Todays is day31.... new picture of babies

Chickens

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Yes i have been on that site also as for my username i was in a hurry to ask about my bb from last year chickens is what came to mind lol i came here when i got my frist goat BYC was the first site i was on i love my chickens but the goats are by far my favorite (besides my side kick Tink) shes my very spoiled very much a big baby mutt lol she HATES my chickens or loves em depends on how u look at it lol i have to keep her away from the chickens but plays well with the rabbits and goats i think shes got some kinda bird hunting dog in her she points like a hunting dog

Chickens

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
i have given oats, barley, steam rolled oats, black oil sunflower seeds and so on.
thanks i was waiting on someone to answer that before i gave her any should i just give a little pinch or 2 until shes used to it can they make her sick if she eats to much at once

Bunnylady

Herd Master
Reaction score
She has never bitten or growled at me always comes up to be petted my husband moved her to her new cage i dont think she liked being picked up she was kicking and scratching him

Most rabbits don't like to be picked up. With practice, you can find ways to do it that can reduce the likelihood of you getting ripped up, but even very friendly rabbits may totally wig out when picked up.

If your rabbit knows you, she is most likely going to be fine with you handling her kits. I've had occasional does that growled and boxed at me, even though they were friendly previous to being bred, so it would probably be a good idea to keep the kiddos out of the box for now. Even if your young'uns are old enough not to squeeze the babies, kits are very twitchy, and they can flip themselves right out of your hands very easily. Besides, they tend to pee when disturbed, and I doubt the kids would enjoy that very much (both of these behaviors tend to disappear about the time the eyes open). It is important to check the babies at least once per day, just to make sure they are all getting fed and to remove any that don't make it for some reason (sorry, MIL, but that's antique advice that is almost never true, at least these days:old)

Chickens

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
So much excitment going on im not gonna get anything done running inside and outside checking babies talking on here i did manage to run some dish water lol but that was half hour ago and i havnt washed a dish

Chickens

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Most rabbits don't like to be picked up. With practice, you can find ways to do it that can reduce the likelihood of you getting ripped up, but even very friendly rabbits may totally wig out when picked up.

If your rabbit knows you, she is most likely going to be fine with you handling her kits. I've had occasional does that growled and boxed at me, even though they were friendly previous to being bred, so it would probably be a good idea to keep the kiddos out of the box for now. Even if your young'uns are old enough not to squeeze the babies, kits are very twitchy, and they can flip themselves right out of your hands very easily. Besides, they tend to pee when disturbed, and I doubt the kids would enjoy that very much (both of these behaviors tend to disappear about the time the eyes open). It is important to check the babies at least once per day, just to make sure they are all getting fed and to remove any that don't make it for some reason (sorry, MIL, but that's antique advice that is almost never true, at least these days:old)
thats what i thought too shes ALWAYS telling me the right way to do things lol its goes in one ear and out other maybe thats why we get along i dont argue with her just smile and nod and do what i please anyway lol as for the kiddos i wont let them touch just yet they are 13 and 14 my daughter (13) is an animal wisperer lol all the animals like her shes a big help around here it will about kill her but she will wait until its safer for the kits before she messes with them but my son is into GIRLS lol and thats about it

promiseacres

Herd Master
Reaction score
Treats are fine if she's used tothem, otherwise just a bit, Sunflower seeds, alfalfa, greens, ect. I handle my kits daily, that way I can check for any problems. Also while she's nursing free choice feed, hay, and keep fresh water available. My velveteen lops are 5.5 to 7 pounds litters have been 4 to 12. Try and split litters over 8. Doesn't always work but I try to breed 2 does at the same time so I can foster if need be.

Bossroo

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Again, I am definitely not an expert but I'd say that she would definitely be able to nurse that many. Sometimes rabbits have just a few but in good health they can have lots! We had one doe that had two litters of 13-14 kits in a row! Only 10 or so lived out of each litter but we think that was because of inbreeding...

Sooo, it is normal and they should be fine. :)
The number of kits that are conceived depends on how many ova are released from the doe's ovary, then how many of those are actually fertilized. The vigor of the kits at birth depends on their position and implantation in the doe's uterus for the amount of nutrition each receives which in turn determines how vigorous the new kit is to attach to the doe's nipple and ability to nurse. Those that are lacking in vigor soon expire. So, NOT due to inbreeding. example: the entire Morgan horse breed is based on ONE single stallion... Justin Morgan. Educate yourself by reading a good genetics Collage text book rather than some book written by an author that professes to be an "expert" , or a google search that is full of conflicting "facts", not to mention that you heard it on the grapevine or a text from someone.