As a Puppy
9557_toli.jpg

5 Months
9557_toli_5months.jpg

6 Months
9557_toli_65months_2.jpg

7.5 Months
9557_toli_75months.jpg

The 6 months photo is 94lbs, I had shown him at 6.5 when I posted this before, I was wrong, it was 6 months. But you can tell by the 7.5 month photo he has not slowed down yet. After he got over 75lbs I couldn't weigh him anymore so I only have the last weight at the vets at 6 months. He's north of 110 now, and he runs about a half a mile every day chasing the 4wheeler. For 4 months I feed him Puppy food for Giant breeds. But he was growing so fast I start feeding him adult food with less calories and the correct limits for breeds prone to Hip Dyspalsia. But he has still grown like a banshi. Parents are not that big, but he was twice the size of the other puppies at 7 weeks. 22 pounds on his first trip to the vet. We didn't pick him for his size, that FACE stole our hearts. Plus he was the most playful, loving and adventuresome puppy. We could not love him more...

bcnewe2

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
His face would win me over too! I really wanted the badger face when I was looking for our Anatolian but found Jess who is just about all cream colored. She has a bit of tan on her ears but only if you look hard.
I've always had white lgd's I was hoping for something different.

Her personality is the best I've ever had. Far makes up for her conformity in color!

Toli is one big boy!
Jesse hasn't stopped growing at 10 months. She is by far the tallest I've ever had but skinny as a rail and she is always ready to eat so it's just her!

Robbin

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
A friend saw the pictures of Toli and asked "What on earth are you feeding that dog? ..... Trespassers?" :lol:

Robbin

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Toli_9months.jpg

Toli turned 9 months yesterday, so I thought I'd update the photo. He weighed exactly 120lbs this morning. He's starting to get his winter coat and he's eating more as it has started really cooling off. We had a rare Nov Freeze yesterday.

Last edited:

Southern by choice

Herd Master
Reaction score
He has really "thickened" up.
It is going to really something when you get your livestock! You might not think it possible but you will love him even more and be even more impressed with him! :)
How tall is he at the withers now?
Pics never do these guys justice do they! I bet he is even more handsome in person!
Does he do the toli "slink"?

Robbin

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
He has really "thickened" up.
It is going to really something when you get your livestock! You might not think it possible but you will love him even more and be even more impressed with him! :)
How tall is he at the withers now?
Pics never do these guys justice do they! I bet he is even more handsome in person!
Does he do the toli "slink"?

Don't know what the "Slink" is... But no, pics don't do them justice, for one thing, I can never get him with his tail full up in double curl which is how he carries it all the time, until he leans against me for a picture. He has thickened up, thou I think a lot of that is winter coat. I can find some fat on him around his breast bone and back of the neck. But he's building for winter so I'm not concerned yet.
He IS more handsome in person. :)

He is 30" at the withers, still not as tall as his mom I don't think. I picked him up for the last time today. Like to have killed me. My wife told me that if I picked him up every day since he was a pup, I'd look like Conan today. Should have taken her advice....

Now if I could convince him that deer where livestock and he needed to protect them, not run them off my property, I'd be set!:D