Toli's life in pictures. Last Update, Toli is 2.5 years old 141lbs

Robbin

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Well Toli is 10 months now, hadn't seen him in several weeks due to a heart attack and bypass surgery. He's still growing...
Today he was walking around with my sledge hammer in his mouth. He's been very destructive since I've been down. He needs the attention and exercise. I'm getting stronger and taking him for slow walks, not attached to me. He'd hurt me.

I sure do love the big white dog. I went in to get checked, thought I was going to have stints. They couldn't do that and told me I had to have surgery, sheduled in 3 days but they wouldn't let me come home. My dad died having this surgery so I felt like it was a death sentance. I cried and the Dr. asked me why I wanted to go home so bad. I couldn't talk and my wife hugged me and said "He wants to go home and say goodby to his dog". Boy had she nailed it. He was the one family member that couldn't come to my hospital bed. I desperately wanted to see him. The Doc said NO, the closest ER is 40 minutes from my house, no way he would allow that much risk.

anyway, I'm doing a lot better. I'll try to get another picture of Toli to post soon.

Southern by choice

Herd Master
Reaction score
:hit and :hugs
Very sorry that you have gone through so much. I am glad you are doing better and getting stronger.
Very sad you lost your dad. :hugs
How wonderful your wife was able to understand also.
I bet seeing Toli and being around him does you and your heart so much good. Toli sure did miss you. That made me tear up, there is nothing like these dogs! Many of us will get that one.

Robbin

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Feeling better, got to go back to work next week. Very early in my opinion. I'm still very weak, but the disability insurance says 5 weeks if you have a desk job. I was hoping for 2 more weeks to get some rehab, but it starts next week and I have to go to work.
Toli is doing well, still chewing up a lot of stuff and still digging, which is new since I had surgery and was hospitalized. He's still very good natured and well behaved when we walk. Got to watch him, he likes to touch you as he runs past you. He's big enough to barrel roll you if you step into his path as he goes by. He's actually running under our hands, so he gets petted as he goes by. He is alone at night, I've started bring the old border collie in when it's below 40. His arthritis is so bad when it gets cold. He actually seems to bark less when he is alone.

I'll try to get a picture uploaded this week, he is a big pretty dog and we adore him.

Southern by choice

Herd Master
Reaction score
So glad you checked in to say hi. Been wondering how you were doing. Sorry you don't get the time you need. Hoping for a full recovery and good health. I imagine it is all such a shock and kinda scary too. Guy, gal... doesn't matter..still very stressful and life changing. :hugs
Toli is a big boy and the running past full steam .. lets just hope he can stop on a dime. That adolescent age can be tough and his world changed a bit, sounds like he is growing up and learning his job.

Cannot wait for some updated pics of the big guy! :)

LoneOakGoats

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Robbin, glad you are doing better. My husband just went thru bypass surgery 5 weeks ago. You telling about Toli running past you full speed reminds me of our Spike. We take him for daily walks (we're up to 2 miles) and he does the same thing. He is so funny running back and forth to us. Anyway, hope your return to work go smoothly and you continue to improve.

Robbin

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Toli turns a year old on the 13th of Feb so I decided I would post one more picture of him. I don't have an actual weight, but I would guess it's at least 10lbs more than his 9moth 120lb weight. So he's somewhere north of 130. He is a magnificent dog. Still got a lot of puppy in him and he still chews everything. He was wondering around with my sledge hammer the other day. Wooden handle torn up. And I need to train him to put the firewood back in the stack. He's had as many as 23 full size pieces in the front yard at one time.
Toli_1year.JPG

Latest posts