Toltrazurill

OneFineAcre

Herd Master
Reaction score
Anybody using this for coccidia prevention or treatment. If so, where are you ordering?
Thanks

Goat Whisperer

Herd Master
Reaction score
I have used it for a doeling I brought in, she only had a few cocci eggs but I decided to treat her anyway. It is a good thing to have on the shelf in case of an emergency (cocci). Goats love the taste of it and you only have to use it once, unless they have the actual disease then you want to treat twice. IMO much better then the nasty tasting Di-methox that has to be given 5 days in row.

You can ask your vet where to order it from. I am not going to post the dosage as I am not a vet and its an off label drug.

OneFineAcre

Herd Master
Reaction score
I'm very familiar with the drug (including dosage and frequency) and the fact that it is off label for goats.

I'm also very familiar with Di-Methox and the frequency it is administered.

What I'm more interested in is the personal experiences of others as to where they are buying it, since it is sold under a number of brand names (Baycox, Cevazuril, Toltarox, Toltracox, etc. probably 5 more. )

I'm also interested in personal experiences as to it's effectiveness. It is pricey.
I've seen some feedback on other forums on both questions. I've also read a couple of research papers with positive results as to it's effectiveness. I was just curious if anyone here had experience.

I hope you had a good experience with the doeling you brought in using the drug.

Last edited:

Goat Whisperer

Herd Master
Reaction score
I'm very familiar with the drug (including dosage and frequency) and the fact that it is off label for goats.

I'm also very familiar with Di-Methox and the frequency it is administered.

What I'm more interested in is the personal experiences of others as to where they are buying it, since it is sold under a number of brand names (Baycox, Cevazuril, Toltarox, Toltracox, etc. probably 5 more. )

I'm also interested in personal experiences as to it's effectiveness. It is pricey.
I've seen some feedback on other forums on both questions. I've also read a couple of research papers with positive results as to it's effectiveness. I was just curious if anyone here had experience.

I hope you had a good experience with the doeling you brought in using the drug.

@DonnaBelle had a thread about it up about a year ago.

I'm sure your vet is familiar with it. He/she may be a good one to ask.

babsbag

Herd Master
Reaction score
I used it and was instantly hooked. One dose now and no scours, one in 10 days, easy peasy. I honestly don't remember where I got it but it seems that it had something to do with horses. It was not a company I had dealt with before so not Jeffers or Valley Vet. Sorry I can't help more, but I can say that it worked.

OneFineAcre

Herd Master
Reaction score
I used it and was instantly hooked. One dose now and no scours, one in 10 days, easy peasy. I honestly don't remember where I got it but it seems that it had something to do with horses. It was not a company I had dealt with before so not Jeffers or Valley Vet. Sorry I can't help more, but I can say that it worked.

Does yours have a brand name.?

OneFineAcre

Herd Master
Reaction score

Actually that's the website I was hoping someone would comment on. I've seen other people on other goat and horse forums that have ordered from there. No problems? I was a little concerned, they are in Panama and this appears to be a generic. (If you notice it says "compare to Baycox 5%) I could not really find any complaints about them anywhere.

It does appear that they sell a lot of "supplements" that I don't think are actually legal in horse racing in the US.

Last edited: