Toys for goats?

mlw987m

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
What kind of toys do you give a goat? My two rescues seem bored but uninterested in any ball I give them, maybe because they are adults? They never had too much interaction with humans other than the occasional feeding

Emmetts Dairy

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
They like table tops for sure!! My husband made them a SOLID wooden table for them to jump on top of and they play "King of the Mountain" on it...but you can get old wooden wire rolls, the big ones etc. Large trees trucks, stumps...they love to climb and jump for sure!! So anything thats sturdy is good. I will give them tree branches from time to time..cuz they also like to strip the bark off anything they can...keeps em busy!! and my trees alive!! :lol:

glenolam

Loving the herd life
Reaction score

TheSheepGirl

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
You can also throw a couple of empty cleaned out milk jugs and sticks. You can also give them balls and other things to kick and throw around.

Ours love the lawn chairs we have and also the table on the patio.

whetzelmomma

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
LOVE this idea!!
Here's a stand I just recently made...
2705_dsc01494.jpg

hobbyfarmrookie

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
Firewood, just make a big pile like a bond fire. They will climb, butt it, push, rub there horns etc.

savingdogs

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
I don't have a picture but my son used three pallets to make a "bridge" and they play king-of-the-mountain on it all the time. It is their favorite thing. The three pallets were free and a 13-year-old was able to construct it, so you could probably use just about anything you have to make some sort of sturdy little climbing toy. We just had pallets handy.

We also a little place ours can jump off a little hill and they like to go round and round doing that, like showing off. I think they like that there are two levels.

FarmerDenise

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
You guys really got me thinking. Now I am going to have to go and make some toys for my girls. We have some large stumps I can try and put in their pasture. I had considered giving them some jugs, especially since I use one to bring their feed and they always stick their head in it.
We plan on moving the pasture, so what ever we provide for them to play on, has to be easy to move.

They do have their little house to jump on top of and a shallow box that I filled with hay. They often sleep in it. I also make piles of branches for them, but I also remove them since SO doesn't like them left in the field. They have a hard plastic ball that gets moved around. I had given them a dog toy that they seemed to like, but SO says it's a dog toy and belongs to the dog :rolleyes:
So I guess I'll have to go and look for a "goat" toy ;)

Latest posts