Tracy0052's lil bits of our life

Tracy0052

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
What a busy week! But we had lots of fun! The kids all did very well at the fair.
image.jpg
All the kids ribbons from fair! They had a great fair!

Ava-2nd in the cookie eating contest, 1st in the coloring contest, participation for jr sunflower

Lukas-1st in the coloring contest, 4th peewee poultry showmanship, participation for jr sunflower, pedal pull and cookie eating contest

Caleb-4th cockerel bantam, 5th pie eating contest, 6th small animal dress up contest, outstanding on his cooking project, good on his woodworking project, participation for poultry showmanship and pedal pull

Martha-5th jr doe mini rex, 4th jr buck mini rex, 4th small animal dress up, 5th open class jr buck mini rex, 4th poultry showmanship, superior grand champion on her sewing project...proud momma over here! :)

We said goodbye to our two baby bunnies. Martha sold them for $30 to a family that had just sold their market goats and was hoping to lessen the blow to their kids.
image.jpg
I think momma was kissing them goodbye! She was a nervous wreck when they were first gone but now that she's home she's doing fine. We plan to breed her to DJ again since they made such fine kits.
image.jpg
Martha with the kids that bought her bunbuns.
image.jpg
Small animal dress up contest: Elvis the golden crested polish
image.jpg
image.jpg
Hansel & Gretel
image.jpg

image.jpg
Lukas participated in peewee showmanship and placed fourth...he also was given a chicken at the fair by one of his friends. So now we have a bantam Cochin rooster! Luke named him Buddy.
image.jpg
image.jpg

Last edited:

Tracy0052

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
image.jpg

image.jpg
Our girls kept on laying at the fair!

image.jpg
My cookie eating contest winner!

image.jpg
Sorry so many pictures but I journal our family life in pics. :)

And at home the egg eating situation seems to have stopped. I don't know if the change in the flock because of fair could have done it.
And here are the kittens. They have now learned to escape the box! Nothing is safe! Lol
image.jpg

image.jpg

Tracy0052

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
My oldest used her fair premium money to reinvest in her rabbits. She bought cage wire and she's been wanting a lop. So Friday I took her to buy a mini lop. The breeder offered her a two for one deal.....so we came home with two rabbits! Oh my oh my lol
This is Maggie and Peter...they were born 8/5/14
image.jpg

image.jpg

Aren't they sweet!?!
image.jpg

Look at Maggie's cute lil face...bunny ❤️

Not much else exciting going on around here other than canning an endless supply of tomatoes it seems! I'll be back at it again in the morning.

Tracy0052

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Friday our mini rex Loretta had her litter...6 kits. 5 black and one broken. Hoping she does better this time around. I found three out of the nest today and put them back. She killed her last litter on day 5 by urinating on them.
The new wee ones...
image.jpg

Hubby is going tomorrow to get rabbit supplies from a former 4-Her. She is making us a good deal. We are converting our smaller shed into our bunny barn he has decided. And we are getting two new zealands for breeding when the barn is ready.
I'm afraid we have a poorly chicken too. We've been having lots of rain this week and cooler temps, not sure that could explain it though. One of our 6 month old barred rocks is acting very lethargic and her comb wattle and feet are discolored a purplish bruise color. We separated her from the flock and I'm giving her medicine in her water. Hoping tomorrow she shows improvement.
Kittens will be six weeks old Monday. I got them litter box trained this weekend and the are eating solids well. Only have one spoken for so far.
image.jpg

Onyx

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
I want every one of those kittens... if only you were in Canada, ha ha

OneFineAcre

Herd Master
Reaction score
Hey
I saw you are in NW Ohio
I've got goats headed to your area in June or July
A couple more could hitch a ride :)

Tracy0052

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Wow long time since my last update!
Well we had a cold snowy winter, a pleasant spring and now a rainy summer.
Garden is planted and growing. I've made strawberry jam for the year. Picking black raspberries tomorrow. :)
image.jpg

Our current count is 5 rabbits (Mama Dutch has been bred and is due in about a week). We lost two chickens over the winter and we rehomed a roo. We just lost a RIR last week as well. :( We have 10 of our older girls left, we added 6 silkies, two Americanas, and 8 bantams this spring.
Our mama cat had a litter of 6, we lost one. Two babies are already spoken for. They are just darling.
image.jpg

And our newest addition is Millie our Australian Shepherd pup. We adore her and she is such a good dog already.
image.jpg

image.jpg

Our fair poultry shows have been cancelled in Ohio. I have some disappointed kids.
image.jpg

mikiz

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
That's an adorable child you have there, such a cheeky smile!!
Love the puppy, looks like she's settling in well!

Sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
Wonderful pics! Thank you for sharing.