Trailer Conversion

MoreAU

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
The one near the floor is at the very back of the trailer not near exhaust but I do understand your point.
Not to beat a dead ...okay, bad phrase to use here... sorry.
Let me just say that if you are stopped in traffic from an accident, rush hour, or even coming up to toll booths, the vent could be near someone's exhaust.

WolfeMomma

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Not to beat a dead ...okay, bad phrase to use here... sorry.
Let me just say that if you are stopped in traffic from an accident, rush hour, or even coming up to toll booths, the vent could be near someone's exhaust.
yes, very true

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
Put one of those vents/windows in door & one in front....upper level. Yeah, air flow while driving would blow up bedding but, you could install an inside diverter on front one. It could be opened more if you do get to a "sitting" situation.

secuono

Herd Master
Reaction score
Q
why didn't you find a cheap horse/stock trailer instead?
Mine was 3k and ready to go. No sealing, no vents, no mats to buy, no nothing. Just load n go.

Either way, I'd add TONS of ventilation. A metal box will heat up & cook w/e is inside. I have a metal shed a bit larger than that trailer & its miserable in there, even with the two doors now removed.

Windows in the front will force air in as it moves. Windows in rear will allow that air to flow through, removing gross air.

misfitmorgan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Q
Mine was 3k and ready to go. No sealing, no vents, no mats to buy, no nothing. Just load n go.

Either way, I'd add TONS of ventilation. A metal box will heat up & cook w/e is inside. I have a metal shed a bit larger than that trailer & its miserable in there, even with the two doors now removed.

Windows in the front will force air in as it moves. Windows in rear will allow that air to flow through, removing gross air.

If i recall correctly something about towing weight.

WolfeMomma

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Q

It had alot to do with towing weight. I can only tow 3500lbs. So unless I could find a small stock trailer like a feather light for under 3k this was my option. There was other contributing factors , but that was the main one. I have a large 16 foot stock trailer that our truck tows, but the darn thing weighs 6,000lbs 😮🤦‍♀️

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Those vents concern me. Is there any chance they could bring in exhaust fumes into the trailer if you got stuck in traffic? The manufacturer didn't make this to transport people or livestock so I doubt that would be a concern of theirs. I would look for a way to seal them off during travel, and still be able to open them for added air flow when necessary.

I could be wrong, but exhaust fumes don't concern me with this. As long as there is plenty of airflow from vents, fumes shouldn't be a worry. All stock trailers are vented and fumes are not a problem.

WolfeMomma

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
For now, untill we can afford a proper small trailer that I can tow with my SUV . We are just going to use our livestock trailer , and make double trips with the truck back and forth from the fair , to drive the sheep there, and also the RV. We are not willing to put more money in to this trailer, we have plenty of other uses for it , so its not a total waste :)