Transportation for goats????

Colorful_Goat_Mama

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
Hi I have a small problem. In the coming month my 4h is hosting a showmanship clinc that we need to bring our own goats for. I have two 10 month olds and one year and a half old boer does.I have a three horse trailer but I'm worried about them sliding around and I think the oldest is too big for a dog crate. Any suggestions?

samssimonsays

Milo & Me Hoppy Tail Acres
Reaction score
somewhere in the Northern region of Minnesota
You could potentially make them smaller temporary stalls in the trailer? Or load the two in carriers in the trailer and portion off the older one in a smaller temporary stall? I just hauled an adult Nubian home in a dog crate. SHe was a bit cramped but she was just fine in it. It all depends on the goat and size of dog crate. Good luck!

Colorful_Goat_Mama

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
You could potentially make them smaller temporary stalls in the trailer? Or load the two in carriers in the trailer and portion off the older one in a smaller temporary stall? I just hauled an adult Nubian home in a dog crate. SHe was a bit cramped but she was just fine in it. It all depends on the goat and size of dog crate. Good luck!
How could I make the temporary stall? My trailer is a slant load. And the divisors have a large space under them so the older goat could slip underneath it.

samssimonsays

Milo & Me Hoppy Tail Acres
Reaction score
somewhere in the Northern region of Minnesota
I am not sure what your trailer set up is like, But I am sure there are options. Making wooden inserts for inside of it, using fencing to block the space under the dividers and so on. You could, if you have an suv or van, get a tarp and line the back with it and bring them that way.

TAH

Herd Master
Reaction score
Put a straw and saw dust mix at the bottom of the trailer and they should not slip.