Traumatized buck

crazyturkeydesigns

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
secuono said:
The babies feel soft, mom and dad feel like stiff bristles, not fur. Doesn't feel like a rabbit, not what I expected. Am Chin is uber soft and silky, Silver fox is pretty soft with a hint of stiff fur[silver hairs] and the Lop is also very soft.
Guess it could be out of condition or something.
I agree with oneacre...try some BOSS (we get the shelled ones, I think? I don't ever recall seeing unshelled). We were having trouble getting our A. Sable coats into condition when we first started with them and adding a little sprinkling everyday made a TON of difference. We've since changed to giving every other day in the winter and every few days in the summer.
As far as the OP goes...never had a rabbit that reacted that 'badly,' but I agree with those who said positive interaction works well. Just be quite and calm and patient. Hopefully he will come around. Is he young?

oneacrefarm

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
ruthless said:
ARe you all talking about sunflower seed still in the SHELL or unshelled? Just give them a few on their pellets or what? Thank you.
BOSS is fed in the shell and usually just toss about 1Tbsp or 2 on top of their pellets. Not the striped ones, they are the all black ones that you can find in the bird section.

lastfling

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Saw a flyer yesterday that TSC had their BOSS on sale this week. I don't know if it's a regional / national / local or what sale.