Traveling to shows

pdpo222

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
I was wondering how you get your goats to shows. What you use to transport them. Especially if it's a long distance. Was just wondering is all.....:)

lilhill

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
I use a closed in trailer to transport to shows. It is modified to have good ventilation.

Shelly May

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Inclosed trailer with ventelation slots, gives you room for all your equipment also.

pdpo222

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
Thanks, I didn't know if you modified a trailer or used a horse trailer. I'll never need a trailer for showing, just one of those questions that nag at ya.:thumbsup

lilhill

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
I have friends who use horse trailers and they have plexiglas covering the openings in inclimate weather.

TexasShepherdess

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
Granted..we have sheep..but for long hauls we pull our large slant load horse trailer..because we usually will park it at an RV park or hook up on the grounds. It has drop down windows for ventilation or they can be closed.

Fullhousefarm

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
We have two goats and we had them both in the huge (42") wire dog cage with a tray in the back of our expedition. That left just enough room for the 4 human kids and 2 adults. They didn't smell 1/10th as bad as the two ducks that were only in the car 15 minutes. We could have used the truck, but it's hard to fit the 4 kids in and I didn't want to have to tie in the cage.

We are planning on using large wire crates in our toy hauler/camper when we have a few more goats and we are going to a show that's not close. We are fortunate that our county and state fair are each only 15-20 minutes away- just in different directions. We have two other county fairs that are 30 minutes away. We're going to our first show far away this month and it's 3-4 hours- so that should be interesting.

I figure when we have more than 5-6 adult goats we'll have to get a trailer, but we are trying to not get too carried away despite that GAS issue. :p

lilhill

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
I have to travel 4 hours to shows anywhere close to us. Wish I had one 20 minutes away! Wow!