Treacherous Weather Here

Southern by choice

Herd Master
Reaction score
Very bad storms right now... at 4pm it looked like 8pm at night... dark!
Tornado warnings all over.
Raining so hard it is in sheets. Lightening and thunder just awful.
Wind is scary!
At least it is a good bit lighter out now but this storm is dangerous.

GW is on the road coming back from an AI clinic/collection.

Lots of folks went and are on their way home with trailers filled with goats.

Please say a prayer for traveling mercies.
Also that no one wrecks in front of or house again.

Bunnylady

Herd Master
Reaction score
praying.gif
Praying that everyone stays safe.

I had just checked the radar picture - ugly! Watch boxes all over the place.:hide

babsbag

Herd Master
Reaction score
If Hurricane Irma comes to the US next week are you far enough inland to stay safe?

Southern by choice

Herd Master
Reaction score
This storm is hitting the Piedmont area...
Finally coming to an end but apparently more storms to come and rain all night and tomorrow.

Haven't heard from GW....

@babsbag we are - but flooding can be an issue here

... just heard from GW... they are ok

Bunnylady

Herd Master
Reaction score
If Hurricane Irma comes to the US next week are you far enough inland to stay safe?

Frankly, I'm not sure it's possible for anyone in the entire state of North Carolina to be completely safe from a hurricane. Storm surge is an entirely coastal phenomenon, of course, but communities hundreds of miles inland have suffered wind damage and flooding when a storm's track takes it that way. Hurricane Fran thoroughly trashed Raleigh in 1996, and though Hurricane Hugo (1989) made landfall in Charleston, South Carolina,within hours it made a horrific mess of Charlotte, NC, which is 200 miles inland (I remember that, because my in-laws evacuated from Elizabeth City, which is near the NC/Va border, to Charlotte, and got stuck there for a week with no water or electricity because the roads were impassable. Elizabeth City was untouched).

Last edited:

TAH

Herd Master
Reaction score
praying.

OneFineAcre

Herd Master
Reaction score
Frankly, I'm not sure it's possible for anyone in the entire state of North Carolina to be completely safe from a hurricane. Storm surge is an entirely coastal phenomenon, of course, but communities hundreds of miles inland have suffered wind damage and flooding when a storm's track takes it that way. Hurricane Fran thoroughly trashed Raleigh in 1996, and though Hurricane Hugo (1989) made landfall in Charleston, South Carolina,within hours it made a horrific mess of Charlotte, NC, which is 200 miles inland (I remember that, because my in-laws evacuated from Elizabeth City, which is near the NC/Va border, to Charlotte, and got stuck there for a week with no water or electricity because the roads were impassable. Elizabeth City was untouched).

I lived in Charlotte when Hugo hit
It still had Cat 1 winds when it got to Charlotte
I didn't have power for 10 days

OneFineAcre

Herd Master
Reaction score
She home yet?
Isn't today her birthday ?
Knowing her the way I do I'm sure watching a buck collection and AI demonstration was a great Birthday
:)

babsbag

Herd Master
Reaction score
:yuckyuck I agree. My DH and I were talking about that. I am sure she found it to be a perfect way to spend her birthday.