Tribute to Latestarter

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
He was the nicest man. He was a good cook but sure loved coming to our house because I’m a good cook too. LOL One does get tired of their own cooking. He was gone far too soon, but he had his farm. Late in life as his name says, but he had his dream. That’s what I remember most when I think of him, he was living his dream.

Devonviolet

Herd Master
Reaction score
WOW! It’s hard to believe it has been five years since we lost our dear friend, Joe! DH and I still think of him often and smile. We were truly blessed to have been able to call him friend!!!

I just finished re-reading this tribute thread, and am still wiping away the tears. But I also laughed when I came to @Baymule’s post about the Goat Rodeo!

I was thrilled to be able to meet and help @LatestartersDaughter and @SonOfALateStarter find a home for Mel and take the goats to auction. We recently found the need to take most of our own goats to a different auction and the memories, of Joe and his goats flooded back into my mind.

We still laugh over Joe’s flying pig! :flypig :love I stay in touch with @goatgirl and she tells me Joe’s pig is still seen around with the wild pig herd. You GO Girl !!! :flypig

Ridgetop

Herd Master
Reaction score
I can't believe that it has been that long. He passed away around the time we were shopping for a ranch. It has taken us this long to find our property, fence it, and begin the move! We were looking forward to meeting him on a Texas trip, but he passed a couple months before we came back. He was a really nice person and I enjoyed reading about everything he did. I remember his barn that he started. He got in the floor but before he could finish it the goats decided they liked to be under the floor! LOL

Still miss him.

Poka_Doodle

Herd Master
Reaction score
I remember talking with Joe about our common interests, and living in Colorado when I first came to this site. Then a couple years ago when I came back after a long break, and finding out he and Sumi were both gone.
We were lucky to get to know Joe as well as we did here.