Tribute to Latestarter

Hipshot

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
:( I just can't say anything that hasn't been said .Just to say I'm saddened. My heart hurts for all those who truly loved Joe seems so small .While never meting him at all, It wasn't hard to tell what wonderful person he was . He is surely wearing gilded angel wings in heaven .RIP Latestarter

Devonviolet

Herd Master
Reaction score
Can't wait to hear where Mel lands! And, so happy April and the two hens are going to be with you and your DH! You have worked so hard with no expectation of reward so it makes the gift from LS's children so much sweeter.
It sure does make it sweet! :D. But sweeter still is that we are able to spend time together to get to know them! :celebrate

This afternoon, we are going back to Joe’s house, to visit and share a meal of one of Joe’s turkeys. We are bringing turkey dressing and a salad. Yesterday, when DH picked up April and the chickens, they also blessed us with an ice chest full of meat, from Joe’s freezer. And, the biggest prize, I might add, is a nice supply of the lamb, that Joe brought back from his trip to Tennessee. I am SO looking forward to cooking some of that up!!!
:celebrate:weee:celebrate

Devonviolet

Herd Master
Reaction score
Is this Devonviolet on the far left of this picture? I like to try and put a face to the name when it’s possible. Beautiful picture.
Yes, that’s me. :hide I hate having photos taken, because I always look so much heavier than I am. :hit However I think I have lost 25 pounds since that photo was taken, and my hair is is also longer. Now, DH hasn’t changed a bit. He is the same sweet, good looking man he was the day I married him. And Bay and her DH look exactly like they do in the photo.

Here is our wedding picture. It’s not very clear, but I like the way I looked in this one:
EC36DBBB-3712-4C2B-B926-2BEE9B3ADC6B.jpeg

It seems like eons ago, but we just celebrated our 20th anniversary.

Last edited:

Carla D

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Yes, that’s me. :hide I hate having photos taken, because I always look so much heavier than I am. :hit However I think I have lost 25 pounds since that photo was taken, and my hair is is also longer. Now, DH hasn’t changed a bit. He is the same sweet, good looking man he was the day I married him. And Bay and her DH look exactly like they do in the photo.

Here is our wedding picture. It’s not very clear, but I like the way I looked in this one:
View attachment 58709

It seems like eons ago, but we just celebrated our 20th anniversary.
I think your wedding picture is gorgeous. You’re right. He looks a whole lot like he did on your wedding. It’s kinda miraculous how they can make us look older with time, yet they don’t seem to age much themselves. Congratulations on your recent 20th anniversary. Oh, you still look gorgeous. All five of you are quite attractive in that picture. I won’t let my picture be taken either, not without putting up a huge fight.

Is it me or does Bay’s husband and Mr. Latestarter have very similar facial features?

ragdollcatlady

Herd Master
Reaction score
I just logged in and feel like I took a hit straight to my heart!!! :hit

Rest in peace my friend. I will miss your advice and kind words. I will miss your humor. Thank you so much for taking the hours, driving the miles, to come meet me just a few weeks ago. I never would imagine, that I would lose you so soon. Thank you for allowing me the pleasure and privilege to get to know you. Thank you for being my friend.:love

I know that he was in pain, a lot, so I am glad he finally has relief.

To all of his family and other friends, I send my condolences. :hugs

Latest posts